Homebrewed Electricity > Hydro

The endless micro-hydro project

(1/6) > >>

Kenny:
Hi all, i'm new here...

Bought the materials to build an axial flux pelton wheel hydroturbine in september... To get some juice out of the creek running beside the house.

Knew nothing at all about electrotechnique, didn't even know the difference between ceramic magnets and neos. Worked a lot and i never got it working well, so i'm studying and trying configs all winter to have a setting ready for the snow melt.

I have "unlimited" 19 ga. wire and unlimited 5/8 diameter x 1/8 thickness neos to get a birotor axial flux working.

I'll shoot photos later.

Bruce S:
Welcome to the forum

Cheers;
Bruce S

hiker:
Picts would be nice......😜

Kenny:
My 0 watt turbine...

Still can't get a volt out of it... Any idea?

SparWeb:
Well the first thing that's obvious is that you're having fun!

Did you solder the wire ends together?  One open connection would turn your output to zero.
It looks single-phase.  What resistance do you measure between the two leads?

The magnets look 1/8" thick and doubled-up.  Since they're on a 1/16" sawblade, the magnetic flux that should be transferring from pole to pole through the metal is probably escaping through the back of the disk.  You could improve it by stacking 3 or 4 sawblades together.

It sort of looks like you can disassemble the stator... is that true?  If so, you have a setup you can test and tweak until you have it right.  I like that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version