Remote Living > Heating

Hot Fill Washing Machines RIP :(

<< < (2/5) > >>

hiker:
Nice little ..hit and miss..engine....my dad had a couple hundred of those old engines...started a club down in cave junction Oregon.....😜

Vortechs:
I'm in Ireland. European washing machines have only had cold water fill connections for about the last 10 to 15 years. The machines all heat cold water inside with a 2KW or 3KW immersion coil.

The new ones are all computerized with many temperature and pressure sensors. I'm told by others who have been through this that adding hot water (through the soap tray or cold fill) that is above the expected temperature freaks out the computer which then responds by dumping all the water and going straight to the rinse cycle.

Joestue's suggestion might work but I'd have to buy a new machine to try it out and if it didn't work I'd be stuck with a machine I couldn't use.

dnix71:
Vortechs That sounds like a proper challenge to me. If I had one of those new fangled junk machines, I would take the drain hose and run it back in the top and see how long it took for the machine to figure out it couldn't empty itself. In the mean time the clothes are being washed by the water circulating.

https://removeandreplace.com/2016/09/19/samsung-washing-machine-displays-error-code-te-how-to-clear-error/  This repair page says the thermistor is in the back of the machine. Pull it out, plug the hole and let it sit in some cold water.

If I needed to fill a machine with scalding hot water I might just fill it with a hose and then turn it on. If you buy a cheaper machine that does not have a built-in heater, then you won't need to defeat the 2 extra thermistors on the heated water loop.

SparWeb:
Hi Vortechs,
"unable to get the replacement part for it anywhere in the world as they are now obsolete."

Can you please tell me more about the replacement part you need?  It sounds like you've exhausted many avenues of finding the part, but maybe we can come up with something else.
Being in Canada, I may be very limited in the help I can directly offer, but perhaps others seeing what the part is, how it's made, will have better ideas.

frackers:
I had a similar problem a while ago and spent some time looking at what was available on the market that could use my solar heated hot water. I ended up with a Fisher & Paykel front loader. Best machine I've ever had!!

https://www.fisherpaykel.com/nz/laundry/washing-machines/front-loaders/washsmart-7-5kg.WH7560P2.html

Their website has an 'ie' page so I would expect their products are available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version