Author Topic: Multiple inverters  (Read 1805 times)

go4it

Multiple inverters
« on: June 21, 2018, 11:23:43 AM »
I am thinking about adding a second inverter to my small system to use for lights mostly. I have a 1500 w Chinese inverter now and it seems to consume a lot of power even when nothing is drawing power.
My thought was to put the inverters on a switch where I hooked one or the other to the battery bank but had them both connected to the same 110 v circuit. Any advice would be appreciated

OperaHouse

Re: Multiple inverters
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 03:22:40 PM »
Generally a bad idea.  In a MSW inverter which you probably have, one inverter will power the other thru protection diodes. Who knows what will happen then. Your fans are probably taking up most of the power.  None of my lights use inverter power. My fridge is about the only use of my inverter, 110W in to power 94W of fridge which doesn't seem bad. 

go4it

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 10:20:05 PM »
I was hoping that it would work without letting out the magic smoke. There must be a way to make it work simply

Simen

• Grimstad, Norway
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 04:06:55 AM »
A 2-pole switch on the 110 volt side should work?
I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. - (R. A. Heinlein)