Author Topic: Need to build listening post  (Read 2898 times)

Harold in CR

Need to build listening post
« on: September 11, 2018, 06:44:17 PM »
Anyone here able to guide me for building a double listening post ? We have drawn some unscrupulous people lately, into our area, and they have been chased by our dog off of our place. Of course, as in most cases, they are cowards and come out at night to see what they can steal.

I knew a guy that was using a Ram Pump for house water, and he built a device to monitor the pump, by using some sort of microphone or something, so he could hear the waste valve tripping, and knowing the pump was working. I would like to place 2 microphones ? at opposite corners of my shop, which is 175' from my house, so I can monitor them at night by my computer station and by my bed.

I also am waiting for a crate delivery that has a trail cam in it that I bought back in Jan. No point in delivering stuff quickly if there is no great need, EH ???

Only chance I get at this time is, go out around midnight and fire off a couple rounds from my .22 revolver down to where the sneaky ones are entering our property. So far, no more trespassing that I know of. Might be off to Fla in a couple weeks and could buy all needed parts if I can get some tutoring , PLEASE.

hiker

• BIG DOG
Re: Need to build listening post
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 07:48:09 PM »
Couple of cheap baby monitors ....wireless..should have plenty of range for that...
WILD in ALASKA

hiker

• BIG DOG
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 07:58:51 PM »
Careful with the gun..a person on another web site...was annoyed by a bunch of unruly kids keeping his family up at nights...one nite he ran outside with a bat and only waved it around...kids called cops..he was thrown in jail...all his firearms also taken from him..now he's a felon...out of jail on bail..lost his case ..went to jail to serve his time...died in their from all the anxiety ....kids..?    Their still causing probs in the Hood..!
WILD in ALASKA

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 01:44:57 PM »
Solar powered electric fencer mounted where they can't easily find it, run wire in conduit underground then wrap it around the pump. They go to tak eit the get knocked on their butt!