Author Topic: Sometimes I have to do serious work  (Read 1711 times)

OperaHouse

Sometimes I have to do serious work
« on: November 28, 2018, 02:59:26 PM »
What can I say. Got a buddy that brings me stuff like this to work on. Actually, it used to be an ostrich with a saddle so you could ride. They turned it into a road runner.

Frank S

• Home with a view of Double mountain
Re: Sometimes I have to do serious work
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 06:30:15 PM »
 Yep that is serious work. that shear behind it has a serious look to it as well.
I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 01:55:41 AM »
The Acme of amusement part rides  :P

So are you going to put a gimbal on that post, so that it can really buck around?
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

OperaHouse

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 02:03:15 PM »
I am fortunate that I have several shops that give me all the free material I want and allowed to use any equipment.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 08:40:03 PM »
Ya when I was living in Miami fl there was this aircraft district and where I got my aluminium and stainless, they had several  "Brakes" I actually had them shear 1in thick aluminum plate. I had access to a 5hp new bridge port Mill with 3 Axis DRO. Then a ten HP awesome engine lathe wit 2 Axis DRO. 

Im not there anymore. I have a small lathe 12in swing an 20in long, its a baby. But with that I can custom fit my CNC machined pieces.