Author Topic: Glad to see this place is still around  (Read 1827 times)

wiredwrong

Glad to see this place is still around
« on: March 23, 2019, 01:20:48 AM »
Long time no see, life got in the way for a while but im back and excited to see what everyone has been up to.  A couple years ago I was able to buy a house and land outside of town with no building restrictions and no ordinances, I have a 16x24 outbuilding that is wired for electric but not tied into the grid. The other day I got my hands on a 120w flexible panel, charge controller, couple golf cart batteries and a 800w pure sine inverter. Picked it all up for $160, this weekend I'm going to install it in that building, I really don't have any real use for the building in mind. But at least I'll have lights and outlets in there. I have an extra living room set, maybe throw a led projector in there and let my step-son use it as an off grid game room. Maybe soon I can get my 30x40 shop offgrid also, buts that where the power tools live, it has its own electric meter so when the time comes I can just have it disconnected, maybe dump all the excess into a grid tie on the house meter. Looking forward to catching up on everything everything and sharing my projects with y'all again.

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: Glad to see this place is still around
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 07:45:45 PM »
OMG, welcome back!

There are lots of new names on FL, but the community lives on. 
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca