Author Topic: STEAM POWER  (Read 9207 times)

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
STEAM POWER
« on: July 02, 2019, 06:08:56 PM »
Now Accepting Speaker Presentation Ideas
North Dakota Energy Conference & Expo
November 13–14, 2019 in Grand Forks, ND
Energizing North Dakota
Presentation ideas will be accepted for the North Dakota Energy Conference & Expo
through July 19, 2019. Presentation ideas may be submitted on one of the following
topics: exploration and production; logistics; infrastructure and construction;
products and technology; investment strategies; policy.

Each presentation idea will be reviewed by a steering committee of qualified
industry professionals by the week of July 29th. Speaker presentation ideas
acceptance and rejection e-mails will be delivered, and the agenda will be posted
online mid-August.

I wish I was abit farther on my steam engine,  looks interesting :)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 05:40:33 PM by JW »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
I remember when I was a member of SAE they constantly solicited me to give a presentation...

I have invested $35,000 so far and need $15,000 to complete the 100 injectors. I will get there, just have to have some patience. The price I paid for Fieldlines domain is just a drop in the hat.. But I dont need people yelling at me after I bought the domain/forum..

Some things to consider any post that's removed can be put back in place thanks to Flavio... Nothing is actually deleted...

The worst that I will do is put the forum in maint mode, but Im not interested in editing and such.. I would prefer to leave everything intact, and if we do something it can be reversed at at any time. Just because a post does not show something or other. Its not a big deal... because all posts/files are protected.

JW   

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
 Working on the control panel

11913-0

11914-1

11916-3

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 09:58:12 PM by JW »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
STEAM POWER
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 05:38:42 PM »
I have been messing around with this solid fuel burner for a while. I sure some of you have seen some of this before in another post. Just an update. Sorry ther pictures have shadows wrong time of day to take pictures.

This is a video of the burner using external air injection. Im thinking if I can get the air ring inside the burner it will increase combustion efficiency. Heres a video using the external air ring its not bad performance. Theres alot of factors that need to be considered, noise from the fan was a big issue with older designs.

Heres a picture of the afterburner assy with the external ring.

The next question I have is that if I can stage the fans will I get more output thrust. I need this because the air ring is smaller od dia than the external one.

I can independently set the fan speed for each fan.

Im going to put sometime into fabricating the next stage, and sand blast and coat the steel with this, I used it for a longtime and it really works well.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
Re: STEAM POWER
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 09:51:51 PM »
Here is one of proof concept demonstration videos for one of my patents. This room there are trade secret tech equipment that I built. This was my day job we did alot of interesting stuff there. To this day everything is still in operational and Haven't been there in about ten years or so everything is still working properly.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 08:42:16 PM »
image=

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2021, 06:54:23 PM »
https://flashsteam.com/steam-engine-project-part-3/

I consulted with one of the old timers (the few who understand steam systems) and it was determined that the thermodynamic gradient was sufficient that the engine would run, biased on theory.   

http://kimmelsteam.com/graeme.html
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 07:23:09 PM by JW »

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2021, 08:40:49 AM »
 thank you for all you've done to keep the forum alive.

i don't know much about steam engines but i thought they worked on a two stroke principal . that is to say a valve opens and  high pressure steam forces the piston down and on its way back up another valve opens and the now cooler  steam is exhausted.
you animation shows 4 strokes. an intake and a compression stroke but on the 3rd stroke you inject cooler liquid water. is this to condense the steam and make low pressure for the exhaust stroke ?

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2021, 05:17:50 PM »
Hi electrondady1,

You are correct it is a 4cycle steam engine. I have worked on this concept for over 20 years. Im going to pause here, the best I can offer is that there are some "thermodynamic tricks" that are not possible with a conventional 2cycle steam engine (expander). Of the cuff,, a 2cycle steam engine cools itself which hampers performance and flow is not conservative...
The 4cycle engine with direct injection valve is conservative and the compression stroke heats the expander. I would like to take some time to better explain this.

I will always establish the fieldlines to be taken care of in all cases :) to keep it going for as long as possible.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2021, 01:56:53 PM »
Junk Win 10 and Norton(which is a virus that requires a special removal tool to get rid f it completely!). Win 10 was an abortion, CPU hog... I am still running Win 7 and see no need to update.

Mainly lose the Norton, it has always been trouble!

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2021, 02:30:31 PM »
I concur with Mary B.
There are programs out there that can clean up the mess that Norton leaves behind & they are free :-).

Open your favorite browser and search for TFC (Temp File Cleaner),  I would make sure you know your passwords and have saved links to your favorite searches though. It's a robust cleaner.

There's also ccleaner BUT I don't think the version I use works with W10 and I haven't looked into updating it yet 
There are also what's called De-bloaters out there, BUT you need to know what you're doing with them otherwise they'll really clean things up and might be reversible.
Don't get around W11 !!! It's too new and has way too many "issues" at this point.

Hope this helps
Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2021, 07:43:44 PM »
I was anticipating that, too just removing it, wont resolve my problem. everything was working really good... I hate them at this point.

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2021, 08:38:44 AM »
You can also go into the update section and remove the updates :-).
Takes a little doing , but in can be done.

Best of luck

Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

MattM

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2021, 08:49:37 AM »
Visit the blackviper if Windows 10 has you down.  Information on his website can help you run lean like a Linux install.

topspeed

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2023, 06:53:26 AM »
Ultimate in steam power: https://vimeo.com/110267632
These wind turbines must for that reason in a deeper sense be of a timeless beauty, so that they do not in three or four decades hence burden a later generation with a heavy task of removing angular skeletons.....

Ulrich Hütter

Aerodynamics is highly educated guessing, worked out to 5 decimals

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2023, 02:35:53 PM »
 impressive what fuel are they using. I use solid fuel external combustion.