Author Topic: Tesla Wardencliff and harvesting atmospheric Ions  (Read 162 times)

Harold in CR

Tesla Wardencliff and harvesting atmospheric Ions
« on: September 21, 2019, 10:41:40 AM »
There was someone that came onto the fieldlines forum several years ago and was treated badly and left. He had done a few experiments and wanted to discuss this with members here.  I made contact with him through a PM and he told me what he had accomplished.
 Now, years later, after coming across similar videos, I am getting very interested.
 This has everything to do with  Nikola Tesla and Wardencliff, and his problems with his greedy investor, J.P.Morgan.

Tesla had found a way to extract positive ions from the atmosphere. Thus, Wardencliff tower was built. This took considerable money to complete. Tesla's idea was to give free electricity to the world. When Morgan learned of this, he immediately ordered the tower dismantled and cut funding to Tesla.
Seems to me that with Morgan spending all that money, that the idea of harnessing electricity from the air is a viable project.

I have come across a company in North Florida that is doing exactly what Tesla described, and this company has just been contracted by NASA to do research on powering the Moon and Mars from the air.
 This company is Ion Power Group. I want to visit them, but, it's difficult from where I live. I found a video from someone else that is experimenting with the same idea, and Ion Power Group invited him to their site. He posted the video which confirms this Ion harvesting is viable.

MaryB of this forum offered up some valuable info to me, stating that the capacitor setup she built would self charge from the air, BUT, at a very slow rate. I believe I have a possible solution to get much more usable energy from any such system. Videos on Youtube show several people experimenting with this idea, but, they are all missing one important factor, sufficient NEGATIVE Ions. My research and paying close attention to the Wardencliff video AND the information from the person I first mentioned in this thread, confirm my suspicions.

I will ad links and then, we can start the discussion. Lets keep this civil and with a positive attitude. You all do not have to agree, but, be prepared to back up your comments with facts. A couple of  these videos are basic stuff for those that may be interested but not really understanding fundamentals of electricity.

Ion Power Group have broken down their older video into shorter versions as "classes" to explain their project. There are 25 of these videos and I can add them if necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=free+electricity+from+the+air

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLW_7TPf310

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENeDkGce5-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlTD80WRz8k

MattM

Re: Tesla Wardencliff and harvesting atmospheric Ions
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 10:59:37 AM »
Does moving air through the collector make any difference or do the positive ions simply try to move across the gradient on their own?

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 03:57:05 PM »
I do believe Wardencliff used a VERY extensive system of ground cables buried in the ground for the "negative" terminal of his collector... I know someone doing research on this found some of them but many had rotted away(bare copper in soil doesn't last in some locations). I used direct burial wire for my ham antenna vertical ground plane of 128 radials ranging from 130 feet to short 32 feet cables. Even with the jacket they are starting to go bad and I need to redo that radial field...

Harold in CR

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 04:41:47 PM »
Spot on Mary  8) Hard to tell from videos, but I would guess Tesla used at least 4/0 or even 350mcm bare copper ground cables. The ground penetrating radar was the tip off for me. It was a massive lay out. I never ran across measurements of the actual tower, however, it appears to be at least 300' tall and the ground plane would likely match in width.

Matt M, the collectors consist of millions of "points" like the tips of sewing needles.  Positive Ions want to attach themselves to sharp tips. The folks at Ion Power Group developed and patented the collectors they use. Imagine a bushy tail on a fox. These collectors are designed similarly only they use carbon strings with Graphene fibers many times finer than human hair. I am currently trying to figure out how they attached the graphene, and I may have stumbled on how it was done.

Positive Ions are in the air, and negative Ions are in the ground. You get the amperage from the NEGATIVE Ions " the ground" and the deeper you go the better off the system with maximum amperage draw, up to 42'deep. Of course, everything here depends on different areas and such. The higher you go above ground the denser the supply of Positive Ions are available.

My problem with experimenting is my 3.6 acres is covered with trees about 65'-90'tall. In the first video link, it shows how the Ions flow,especially over objects, like trees. A wide open area like Mary B has would be an ideal site. Nice thing about this technology is it works day and night. Imagine the Ions in a thunderstorm.

MattM

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 07:54:58 PM »
Sounds similar to NASA experiments with copper wire in space.  There was too much potential for their test on the first try and its been all secretive ever since.

Harold in CR

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 08:49:39 PM »
Matt, do you have any links for the NASA project ?

MattM

Harold in CR

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 01:47:44 AM »
A little different than what we are talking here , but still getting electricity from the air.
Thanks, Matt

MattM

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 07:20:34 AM »
The write up talks about the wire interacting with the earth's magnetism, but that didn't explain the results.  This was just a pedestrian article.  It really drew a lot of attention at space.com, but none of those articles popped up in my search.  There is an abundance of charged particles in space and and the presence of near abundant radiation.  Creating the ground in space was the struggle IIRC.  One of the follow up experiments was to release a gas that would emit visible light in the presence of ions much like the Aurora Borealis.  Secondly, to detect the extent and scale.  The gas lit up to its potential due to the free ions being distributed uniformly and in abundant quantity.  So I find the wire 'interaction with earth's magnetism' to be dubious.

Harold in CR

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2019, 09:01:37 AM »
There is much speculation on how this Ion collecting happens. That Ion Power Group seems to have a handle on what is really happening.

If these charged particles ( ions ) are so plentiful, why would a double set of wires not produce more Ions?
 Do these Ions float in lines similar to magnetic lines or are they floating like raindrops?

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2019, 10:38:34 AM »
The NASA article said they made their own ground in space by carrying xenon gas and using the charge in space to ionize the gas and then released it into space. They were looking for something to carry off "static" buildup on satellites, or to push against the satellite for orbital corrections.

It's all about moving energy from a higher potential to a lower one. Thunderstorms act as an atmospheric drain.

The earth's atmosphere extends beyond the moon, too. Scientists had the data from the 1990's SOHO measurements, but didn't realize what they were seeing. https://www.newsweek.com/earth-atmosphere-moon-apollo-nasa-esa-geocorona-1338611

The earth's gravity and magnetic field maintain and shape both.  Draining energy from the earth's rotation through drag on the magnetic field might not be a wise move in the long run.