Author Topic: We have a Facebook page  (Read 5917 times)

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
We have a Facebook page
« on: November 19, 2019, 02:50:52 PM »
Me and TechAdmin have made a facebook page for Fieldlines we got that going last night...

https://www.facebook.com/FieldlinesOtherPower

If anyone wants to contribute to development let me know 

JW

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
Re: We have a Facebook page
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 06:18:26 PM »
As a conservative I told FB where to go and deleted my account 3 years ago... got tired of the censorship.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 07:43:20 PM »
Agreed, but I think were in a situation (that were in) that they wont make to much problems.

Hey facebook does not really mind about tech info :)

Its the future so were going to give it a try

Any ideas are welcome

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 11:27:40 PM »
Oh, well that explains the new crap advertising that just showed up when I read Fieldlines on my mobile.  The ads are inserted in my posts.

I'm another non-FB user.  Make that "never".  My life ain't for sale.

Not sure exactly how I feel about this, JW. 
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 09:06:03 AM »
My view of FB.
To use it to my advantage.

I'll check out the FB account and hold my opinions until then.

Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 09:11:51 AM »
well that explains the new crap advertising that just showed up when I read Fieldlines on my mobile.  The ads are inserted in my posts.

Im concerned about this.

Flavio can we un do FB

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 09:58:42 AM »
well that explains the new crap advertising that just showed up when I read Fieldlines on my mobile.  The ads are inserted in my posts.

Im concerned about this.

Flavio can we un do FB
I was on with my wife @ 04:30 CST looking at live pic of their overnight snow. I had no issues.

Here's a still from earlier

Bruce S
I have a TOR and VPN on my mobile phone, that may be the difference tho

MagnetJuice

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 11:26:22 AM »
A Facebook page requires a constant addition of useful and meaningful information.

Who is going to take the time to do that?

If the FB page sits there, DEAD, without useful and meaningful updates, it is worse than not having one.

Ed
What can I do TODAY that would make TOMORROW a better world?

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 01:01:00 PM »
Ok I deleted the facebook page it says it will be permanently deleted in 12 days.

JW

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 02:33:24 PM »
Thanks JW.
I know you meant well.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

TechAdmin

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2019, 02:50:20 PM »
Ads will generally be personalized, so if you're on facebook you might get some facebook ads or whatever which has nothing to do with FL.
Sad to see so much hostility for no reason to be honest, could have used that to link to some popular threads or post some of the cool pictures on the forum. Whatever.

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2019, 02:56:04 PM »
I suspect any change of ads (I'm seeing a huge number on mobile) is Google autmatically rolling out 'AutoAds' across all sites unless you stop it, and AutoAds is by default quite aggressive.  I've stopped it on my main site as it's ... way way way too much!  (Visually and end-user bandwidth.)

Rgds

Damon

PS. My reason for disliking FB (and never having had any a/c with any of its tenticles, and on my main broswer entirely blocking its probes buried in other sites) is that MZ started with a complete disregard for other people's privacy (etc) and is only very slowly rowing back to a position that might be considered careful and reasonable.  I know lots of people like and use FB, but we don't all have to!  B^>
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 03:06:20 PM by DamonHD »
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2019, 03:34:08 PM »
Personally I dont like FB because We have ad senXe and they actually pay us for use. If FB is generating  thay are skwating.

Im not sure get o there may be something it happen will any way  that bothers me.

Working with Flavio can be difficult because he is a couple of levels up

JW

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2019, 04:14:08 PM »
Personally I see using FB as a choice.
If it's a page you don't want to see, you can block it, suspend it, etc if you don't hit the ask to follow button, it'll not ask again.

Since I can use it to my advantage and thwart the tunneling side of it fairly easily; then I will continue to make use of it to my advantage.

JW; I was going to let you know the picture of the bumper sticker on the FB was showing way too large.
This I tested using Chrome, FireFox, Ice Dragon on W7 & W10. Also used FireFox on *nix distros too. All showed it to be too large.

Cheers
Bruce S

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2019, 04:25:56 PM »
JW; I was going to let you know the picture of the bumper sticker on the FB was showing way too large.

Ya we never got that far. Its kind of funny the site was built in one day, takes 12 days to be deleted. Any way if you guys to do something in 12 days its open :)

makenzie71

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2019, 05:20:07 PM »
Should make a discussion group.  Not everyone wants to sign up for another forum, but almost everyone carries facebook around in their pocket.  You'll get some discussion traffic that won't happen on the forum.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 05:26:21 PM »
In past we used something called IRC ???

makenzie71

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 05:29:45 PM »
IRC is still around and a great way to chat with 70 year old conspiracy theorists :p

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 05:32:40 PM »
LOL

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2019, 05:53:18 PM »
I got this idea from a steam engine forum

Hey Jeremy that's a cool Forum.
I would share that all over Facebook if I actually had anyone to see my posts lol
Oh but I can share it on LinkedIn. Lots of energy-related Contacts.

Kyle

I have a steam engine that uses shelled kernel corn as fuel.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2019, 06:07:47 PM »
Some other interesting pic's

12407-0

12409-2

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2019, 01:27:55 PM »
Late to the party but IMO FB is a disease and plaque to society as is most other "social" media. So please for the love of goats keep it well isolated and separated from the forum!
Ignorance is not bliss, You may not know there is a semie behind you but you'll still be a hood ornimant!

Nothing fails like prayer, Two hands clasped in work will achieve more in a minute then a billion will in a melenia in prayer. In other words go out and do some real good by helping!

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2019, 05:16:23 PM »
I just checked into this. We have three more days and the facebook account will be permanently deleted. Ironically they pulled a fast one and made ads almost every where. I just got it (the ads) under control. but having that account did hurt us.

JW 

bigrockcandymountain

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2019, 08:39:07 PM »
I thought I was the only one in the world who hates facebook.  A disease to society is exactly what it is.

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2019, 02:15:10 AM »
When I first heard about it (only 15 years ago) I was already wary of internet pages packed with advertising, and there were already sites on the internet that were cloaking ads in pages that looked like news articles.  That was bad enough to keep me away.  I didn't even realize then what kind of platform it would become for lunatic ideas and propaganda.

I know full well that google knows exactly where I am and what I'm doing pretty much most of the time.  It knows I'm using this site now.  When I was testing Fieldlines' registration system yesterday, when I logged out of my account on my phone, the cookie on my desktop computer got logged out at the same time.  I expected this.  Google is watching me.  When I watch Netflix, Google knows what I'm watching.

Google, Apple, Microsoft and facebook are systems designed to aggregate user data and sell it to advertisers, political parties, and in most countries, to governments.  Somehow, selling the data to hackers was a bit too far for westerners, but they've passively accepted all the rest of it, and in other non-western countries, they weren't even given that choice.  The only choice I really have is how many I'm tied up with.  Since I'm a youtube user and regular data miner myself, google is unavoidable.  It crawls my personal website more often than the russians do.  So all I'm doing is keeping it down to 1 big-data aggregator.

But that's become impossible to maintain.  When I went to China last year I brought an alternate smartphone.  I used an iPhone to make it dissimilar from my regular Samsung.  A few months ago I accessed the Apple data backup from that discarded iPhone to get a contact # of some people in China.  Yeah, well the data backup was immense and somehow Apple's data restore to the new burner phone is BIGGER than the capacity of the former burner phone.  WTF.  It restored pictures I had deleted from the old phone.  Browser history was back - it even had the same tabs open.  WTF.  Conversation history in WhatsApp and WeChat were restored.  WTF-ing-F.

I'm pretty sick of being tracked all the time, and if there is at least one of these things I can stay away from, I'd prefer that.

So I'm really not in the mood to interact with Facebook.
www.sparweb.ca

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2019, 04:23:37 AM »
Mrs on facebook, but interestingly my 3 teenager boys wont touch it. And I wont get anywhere near facecloth I just do not have the time.
Mrs likes it as she is the scientist type and loves to bla bla bla bla bla, says my French friend Dimitri !.

Sadly in this day and age social media is the norm and I am not. In fact I am related to being a dinosaur, according to paypal.
I can not get my money out of Paypal Uk as they no longer allow my bank account to be recognised, as they now use UK credit reference agencies to confirm my financial existents.

Thing is I have no credit arrangements with anyone accept my Banks, fortunately I have no mortgages now as payed for, no negative credit cards and no credit arrangements with any one. Even my 3 telephones are pay as you go and a French contract.

So today, to the UK I do not exists.

Mrs reckons if I was on facecloth and social media, then it would help get a UK credit agency reference ??????

What a crazy part of the world I live in.     
Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

makenzie71

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2019, 08:14:35 AM »
Facebook is fine so long as you use adblock and social fixer.

Thing is I have no credit arrangements with anyone accept my Banks, fortunately I have no mortgages now as payed for, no negative credit cards and no credit arrangements with any one. Even my 3 telephones are pay as you go and a French contract.

Maybe you can send the money to a friend and they can write you a check or something?  PayPal is pretty good about stiffing people, though.  The mistake people make is believing that PayPal is a lending organization.  Like a bank.  They're not.  Any money you have in a paypal account is they're money that you're hoping they'll give back.

I've had four or five accounts closed with money in them because I open the accounts under aliases.  PayPal is sitting on close to $1200 of my money in three accounts I know of because they'll only write a check to person whose name is on the account.  It's only this year that I finally opened a paypal account under my name...had to for business purposes.

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2019, 09:52:38 AM »
JW;
As a business person; I would let the account close permanently,,, for now.
Personally , I stand by my reasons for using FB . Others are free to have their reasons for not using it.
PayPal is a different situation.  Personally, I will not have an account with them. I've known way too many people who've been screwed by them multiple times.

Bruce S

makenzie71

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2019, 10:08:42 AM »
Paypal isn't out to screw you, they're a business and are only out to protect themselves.  Screwing their users is a byproduct :D.  It's really not a bad service...I've been using them for over 15 years, close to 9,000 transactions, and only a handful have been problematic.  Admittedly, the only reason i use them anymore is because I have to have it to sell on ebay, and ebay is what pays for my hobbies, insurance, and car maintenance.  But i treat them like I would any contractor I use...don't give them any more information than what they need, access to places they don't need to go, or money they don't need to do the job at hand.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2019, 10:31:39 AM »
JW;
As a business person; I would let the account close permanently,,, for now.
Personally , I stand by my reasons for using FB . Others are free to have their reasons for not using it.
PayPal is a different situation.  Personally, I will not have an account with them. I've known way too many people who've been screwed by them multiple times.

Bruce S

Oh YA im going to let it permanently delete  :) The thing is you have to wait 14 days for permanently delete... Right now there are only 3 days to go and its gone...

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2019, 12:44:31 AM »
Im watching this process the facebook page deletion.  I am unable to verify the deletion of the facebook page. It should be gone by tomorrow. Im watching this very closely.... Needless to say there have been problems caused by it..

JW

ruddycrazy

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2019, 02:05:07 AM »
I copped a 24 hour farcebook ban for just typing

#############
Moderator edit (Sparweb):   Dude.  Have some decorum and respect.  That's against our rules, too.
#############

« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 02:28:55 AM by SparWeb »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2019, 02:19:26 AM »
My concern is that the facebook account wont be deleted. Theres already a user that is in there if this guy hacked in I dont know. At least we have Flavio to help our site.