Author Topic: 6" Jaw Crusher  (Read 901 times)

ruddycrazy

6" Jaw Crusher
« on: November 30, 2019, 01:36:04 AM »
G'day Guys,
                  Well as our farm is only about 7Ks from a gold mine I did a heap of research to find what rocks are the best for holding gold and quartz came up as the most common. Now I do have a heap of quartz belts running thru my property so oneday in my shed I picked up an eccentric I made years ago for making a plate wacker and thought well that can be used to power a moveable jaw on a crusher.

So the idea was born and why bother spending hour drawing something up when you haven't designed it yet so started fabricating and thinking as I went on. I had some 100x150x10mm angle iron so that made for the frame and at work I scored some 16mm bisalloy plate for the fixed and moveable jaws.

Now working at as a boiler maker the stuff work throws in the scrap bin is a mine for steel to be used so slowly I have been building this and got it to the point of using it by hand where that rock I looked at for over 10 years when crushed did produce a small spect of gold. Also crushing other small rocks I have found have produced small gold samples.

I have the project stripped to do the final work and having my own machine-shop off the grid and my old Kipoint 3Kw inverter that I bought in '05 and customs didn't have a category for it but still charged my customs.

Well using my Lincoln i130 caddy welder which is a new replacement for my ol' Lincoln which went out in style throwing 1 metre arcs of blue right beside me ( glad I didn't have that welder at right angles to me) the input caps shorted and let fly and my 5Kva genset had a hole in the secondary. This new caddy is poles apart from it's daddy working off my inverter on arc and when tig welding copper instaed of 100 amps it's like 10 amps and go quick. Total poles apart on 20 years of caddy welders.

More to come and at this present no pictures to date but when it is finished I will do a you tube of the operation.

Cheers Bryan

Harold in CR

Re: 6" Jaw Crusher
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 06:54:34 AM »
Looking forward to hear and see more about this. We have "invisible" gold here. I am trying to dissolve it without highly toxic chemicals. It will not get picked up by mercury plate below the stamp mill, hence the term invisible. One place I missed out on buying by 2 days, assayed at 2-3.6 OZ per ton. They had to install Cyanide vats to dissolve the gold and then smelt it.

ruddycrazy

Re: 6" Jaw Crusher
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 02:21:34 AM »
Cast some lead into the flywheel today and although I heated the flywheel the lead set as I poured it. So put the flywheel back on the heat and got it melted so it became one piece. Also I put some 8mm perforated plate in and welded it in to help retain the lead.

Looked for ages to find my cast iron saucepan and found some rocks I had crushed before I started the crusher. When I panned to fines 3 bits of gold stuck out at me so in all a good day

Cheers Bryan