Author Topic: GDPR laws/feature  (Read 2563 times)

TechAdmin

GDPR laws/feature
« on: December 28, 2019, 09:38:03 PM »
Hello there,

the site has been updated to the last SMF version, which is the 2.0.16.
This included several security fixes as I've mentioned in the pinned thread, but it also made the site fully compliant with GDPR (EU privacy laws), as you're now able to download your data (other than requesting it to be deleted) through your profile, there will be an option on the left after you click on profile at the top :)
If you're logged in, this link will also work --> HERE

Regards

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: GDPR laws/feature
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 08:46:36 PM »
Surprise!
I hope that by now, most internet users have seen a GDPR notice before, so this shouldn't come as a big shock.
Have not seen this since last year, myself, when the bulk of them were rolled out.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

TechAdmin

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 12:59:08 AM »
Technically speaking, it wouldn't be even completely necessary because Fieldlines is from USA anyway, when GDPR is just for EU stuff (and I'd have no way to know whether someone is from EU unless he told me, IPs can be faked). So it's kind of like "yeah, will throw it in so it's there" but not the most important thing ever I would say :)
Plus, yeah, as you hinted most people won't even read the text and will think "it's just another GDPR"... And they'd be right ;D

TechAdmin

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 08:27:43 AM »
And they released an hotfix for the screw-up that was the 2.0.16 (as usual, tbh) with a fix I had already applied (for bug that had the potential to crash the server) and a few other things... Since they are geniuses at work they didn't want to wait a few more hours or update the copyright, so I'm just gonna update the year myself ;D

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 11:53:27 AM »
2020 flew by so fast...
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 01:47:28 PM »
2020 flew by so fast...
Ahh but it was a good year :)
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

TechAdmin

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 02:22:15 PM »
LUL ;D

* TechAdmin is thinking about changing it to some odd year from the 90s and see if any regular user will notice :P

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 02:35:28 PM »
LUL ;D

* TechAdmin is thinking about changing it to some odd year from the 90s and see if any regular user will notice :P
Too bad I can't get the money I spent from back them too  :o
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 05:43:43 PM »
Yesterday I was sitting on the ski lift and the guy beside me was wearing a VINTAGE snowboard, made in 1997.  Made during the darkest times of the Ski-VS-Board wars.  Everything about it was different, especially the boots and bindings compared to mine.  He told me the story of the first run he did on it - hiking up Fortress Mountain after 95cm of fresh snowfall.

Two old geezers on their rocking chairs chairlift, with moist eyes as they reminisce about the good old days...

1997 was a good year.
www.sparweb.ca

TechAdmin

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 10:45:44 PM »
1997 was a good year.
Dang, can't remember much about that one, I was 4 ;D (also I might be drunk at this time so uh, yeah, happy new year and those nice things and so on so on)

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 11:14:18 PM »
Ya  I pulled out the bottle of Jack Daniels put on the counter, my wife saw that and hide it from me.... I have stumbled over about 3 people are not partying... I don't care I can survive on beer.  :P

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2019, 11:30:33 PM »
The thing I like to do on new years eve is grill some fish, just for good luck... will update  :)

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2020, 12:06:43 AM »

TechAdmin

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2020, 12:10:26 AM »
Lmfao we should probably make a different topic for this

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2020, 08:25:42 PM »
Big salmon steak for me on NY's Eve!
www.sparweb.ca