Author Topic: Conext SW 4024 - accessing settings?  (Read 1073 times)

SmartLikeTruck

Conext SW 4024 - accessing settings?
« on: April 19, 2020, 01:00:21 AM »
I recently picked up a used Conext SW 4024, but have not bought a SCP or Combox.

Does anyone have a low budget way of accessing the settings on this inverter without buying a SCP or Combox.
There is a 14 pin header on the internal control board any chance there's some tasty serial hiding behind it?
Otherwise there is the Xanbus ports but I'm not sure what's going on there and how I could communicate with it from a PC.
Definitely have more time than money right now :(

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: Conext SW 4024 - accessing settings?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 11:09:26 PM »
I've tried to look for something on your behalf.  Unfortunately my google powers are modest, and the Xanbus connection system is all that comes up now.  The old system used DSUB connectors and flat "ribbon" cables for these interfaces.  I have old Xantrex stuff myself but never considered connecting it to a PC.
You're also not the first to ask:
https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,142907.msg959721.html#msg959721
I don't know if that member made any progress.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: Conext SW 4024 - accessing settings?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 11:19:41 PM »
Now I remember. It turns out he did. 
If you follow the link to Dan Lenox's thread, and then click on his member name, that's a link to his member profile, and from there you can search the board for all of his old posts about his "dashboard" project.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca