Author Topic: Energy Pole by G Labs  (Read 573 times)

larosamongh

Energy Pole by G Labs
« on: June 25, 2020, 07:10:55 PM »
G Labs has built a prototype for an Energy Pole. It's a simple way to utilize wind and solar to have a home-based off-grid solution. This Energy Pole has deep cell batteries. When the batteries are fully charged the excess energy is sent back to the grid to save on your electricity bill. The energy pole can be installed on any sturdy rooftop or anywhere in the ground. Visit the website for more information.

Also, "Not a press release but a PDF with click points"

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 02:22:16 PM by Bruce S »

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
Re: Energy Pole by G Labs
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 04:36:48 AM »
Sorry larosamongh,

I am not impressed, and for the money they are asking, its just not going to work.

400w of PV, and a wirlygig that might make 200w in a gale. In my opinion its Misleading when it says the Energy Pole can power a home.

It feels like that other trailer system that failed, it looks good, promises alot.

Some times i wish the folk designing and coming up with ideas like this would reach out to forums like this one, before asking the public folk to put there money up front.

Here are some of my 2kW PV Trackers. Each costs about $800 material cost, and about a $1000 for 2kW of good PV.  Life expectancy about 20 years.

And to really power a home you need about 15KW of PV, and thats for a normal domestic property, in Europe that is.

The Energy pole might charge a Mobile phone.

Thats my opinion!

Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

bigrockcandymountain

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 11:34:01 AM »
Wow, that is absolute nonsense.  This pole you have is the ultimate in misleading, inefficient, not feasible renewable energy marketing. 

To say that real rooftop solar systems suffer from long payback periods.  What is the payback on this? A thousand years maybe?
What is the average production? 400w solar that points different directions might make 250w at noon and a turbine that makes 100w in normal wind.  And you state 2000w.  Hmm

Stop marketing this crap like it is going to help people.  This is the reason most of the population thinks renewables are not feasible.  They spend their money on stuff like this and then are dissapointed when their production is nowhere near what is advertised.

I would have no problem with this product if it was marketed as being able to run a few lights or charge your laptop.  But to say it will run a normal small house is very dishonest. 

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 02:20:50 PM »
---- BEGIN Moderator Mode ----
I too looked at this PDF. It is indeed very misleading and therefore need to ask some specific questions.
Since you are new here and this is your 1st post these are necessary, please understand and don't take them too personally.

1) Are in any way shape or form associated with this start-up? That includes the originator of the design?

2) Do you own ones of these were we can get further information directly from a know source?

3)The Windmill design is very very similar to the units sold by Missouri Wind and Solar are you associated with them at all? That includes an owner of one of their windmills?

ALL, Due to the fact this is not a true system, but a PDF with just enough info to have some click on the links (Some call it click bait) which go to a sales point or a go-fund-me type of link. Therefore the PDF has been edited out.

---- END Moderator Mode ----

Respectfully
Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 02:43:41 PM »
I smell snake oil, claiming 1600 watts from that whirligig toy ROTFLMFAO!!!! Mounted on a TV antenna pole that would snap in the first real wind here. And $3k price!!!! Yeah I would say delete him as a spammer.