Miscellaneous > Fabrication

12" Lathe

<< < (2/12) > >>

SparWeb:

--- Quote ---...12" would turn a rotor for a huge motor conversion.  Probably 30hp or more. Just saying...
--- End quote ---

What?  I'm shocked!  Never crossed my mind... 

This is more of an addiction than a solution to anything.  Now that I have a lathe and I start thinking in a new way about things I want to make...  it just makes me want a milling machine... and a press-brake...  and a surface grinder... and, and, and... 

It will do me and my pocketbook no good for you all to be egging me on like this  ::)

Scruff:
Ah the old...so I bought an oscilloscope trap. Now I need a function generator, anna bench power supply, anna load centre.

Welding is the same.

...and hydraulics..

...and pneumatics...

..and mechanics...

tanner0441:
Hi

With the relay problem I had something similar a few years ago and it was explaned that if it wasn't the supply to the relay hanging, or the diode OC (relay on DC). It could be residule magnetism in the relay solenoid try a thin slip of paper between the core and the armature.

Brian.

Scruff:
Latching relays?!...oh just saw that.

Try a low pass filter.

100Ω 100uF works for most things I've had issue with.

richhagen:
I have an old Atlas 10" lathe, and a desktop Sherline mini lathe.  I actually wind up using the tiny lathe more for items provided that they will fit on it.  I just got a new 4 jaw for it so that i can be a bit more precise on my alignment when I flip parts around and such.  I keep a couple of dial indicators with it for that purpose.  Handy when you need a small round part like a knob or roller.  Should be fun, I have wanted a more versatile machinists lathe for a while, as I do not have that many features and what I have is not as convenient on my older lathe.  I really need more space close to where I live for my toys. . . . .  Have fun with that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version