Author Topic: Chevy Bolt EV Drive Teardown Video  (Read 2007 times)

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Chevy Bolt EV Drive Teardown Video
« on: December 13, 2020, 12:08:44 AM »
I have to share this.  I just discovered this series, from John Kelly at Weber State University USA.
It's an Engineer's perspective, it's well produced, and all delivered as the the instructor disassembles the drive unit in less than an hour himself.
The video emphasizes the design refinements Chevrolet's designers have invested in the Bolt EV, and the promise that electric vehicle drives hold for the cost, longevity, and reliability of EV's in the future.
I hope you all enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APhRPSdmdmk

No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

Harold in CR

Re: Chevy Bolt EV Drive Teardown Video
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 08:25:53 AM »
 His videos are great, as you described. I learned a lot about the different car batteries breakdowns, over a few years, so I could buy them at salvage yards and break them down to modules and sell them to DIYers.

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: Chevy Bolt EV Drive Teardown Video
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 07:24:19 PM »
This is how I'm spending my christmas holidays (partly) by watching youtube way more than usual!
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca