Homebrewed Electricity > Other

Miller 400d welder not generating

<< < (2/4) > >>

bigrockcandymountain:
Magnetjuice i actually found those too.  The wiring diagram was a big help.  I put the board back together and in and hooked up a plug that didn't really look like it was hooked up recently and now it works.  So now I'm not sure if i just didn't test well enough the other day or if what i did today fixed it.  Oh well, i guess it doesn't matter too much.

It still doesn't have power to the 120v gfci, but i traced that back to a switch/circuit breaker that is easy to replace but $120 :o  The 50a 240v tests good and ran my angle grinder when i touched it between L1 and neutral.  The 3 phase tests good too, but i didn't try it. 

I'm feeling a little silly for asking for help before trying a little harder.  Thanks everyone for the help anyway.

Derek

Scruff:

--- Quote from: bigrockcandymountain on December 15, 2020, 05:40:37 PM --- i traced that back to a switch/circuit breaker that is easy to replace but $120 :o 

--- End quote ---

Hi Big Rock, that sounds double the standard price. Maybe shop around, if it's a standard GFI is ought to be less. Some manufacturers charge a lot for their name. Siemens come to mind...

MagnetJuice:
If the circuit breaker is the one labeled CB2 on the schematic, it would be this one;

That is part number 093996. Many places sell it in the US. I don't know about Canada.

Ed

SparWeb:
Nice! 

I've had the same experience - went asking for help when actually a good night's sleep and a bit more poking around would let me find the answer anyway.

You won't need to haul the turbine and tower back to the shop any more, will you?

400Amps in TIG...  holy cow.

bigrockcandymountain:
It is CB1 in the schematic.  Part number  201083. 

I made an offer on one on Ebay. We'll see how that goes. 

--- Quote from: SparWeb on December 16, 2020, 01:10:22 AM ---400Amps in TIG...  holy cow.

--- End quote ---

It is WAY more welder than i need, but it's going to be a ton of fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version