Author Topic: Re: An Proto-Teach Éireannach  (Read 426 times)

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
Re: An Proto-Teach Éireannach
« on: December 21, 2020, 08:25:31 PM »
Hi Scruff.

Flavio (techadmin) is our acting techadmin, all users are cleared so its already available. Trust me I spoke withj Flavio  :)

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
Re: Re: An Proto-Teach Éireannach
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 10:31:37 PM »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 08:03:10 PM »
Its max charge/discharge rate is C/4, ie 4h for full charge or discharge.

C/4 reference to explosives'   LOL

Scruff

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 06:54:43 PM »
This topic was split from "An Proto-Teach Éireannach" -
An Proto-Teach Éireannach

Sorry JW you used too many large words for me to interperate there? I'm not sure what you're asking?

Are you saying that replying to and expanding on topics I deem topical as do others by response or under investigation/development in the user diary subcategory is inappropriate? That I should stop beating a drum on a mass uptake of questionable application suitablity with new evidence and perspective and adopt censorship of placing these posts behind a membership login?
That the problem with the front page is a layout or conversation or a lack of alternative conversations?
Or that I should adopt that the world has different drums and beat them independently...without the legacy of logic defined by thread posterity?

I don't do one thing at a time. My diary and life is several concurrent streams. Am I too opinionated? ..but I have data! ?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 01:31:22 AM by TechAdmin »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 07:05:28 PM »
Ok you have political association in your posts. This is not fair to your fellow forum user.

I have always had concretions that this could happen.

Sorry about you having to post to pub.

Besides how much money do you have.

Unknow posting photos of your "readout" on your device gets old and a different period t so many times.   

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2022, 07:10:48 PM »
[quote Scruff]Sorry JW you used too many large words for me to interperate there? I'm not sure what you're asking?

Are you saying that replying to and expanding on topics I deem topical as do others by response or under investigation/development in the user diary subcategory is inappropriate? That I should stop beating a drum on a mass uptake of questionable application suitablity with new evidence and perspective and adopt censorship of placing these posts behind a membership login?
That the problem with the front page is a layout or conversation or a lack of alternative conversations?
Or that I should adopt that the world has different drums and beat them independently...without the legacy of logic defined by thread posterity?

I don't do one thing at a time. My diary and life is several concurrent streams. Am I too opinionated? ..but I have data! ?[/quote]

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 07:14:57 PM »
U now I have full access to site, Im not someone to mess with, I can delete your fieldlines existence.

Scruff

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2022, 07:22:58 PM »
Ok you have political association in your posts. This is not fair to your fellow forum user.

Is polluting the planet we live on political?
Or exploitation?
I have a species over a nationality. I'm not sure what political is...those authoritarians?

Sorry about you having to post to pub.

Did I agree to that?

Besides how much money do you have.

Not sure what the relevance is? Salary last year was €30k other years have been better.

Unknow posting photos of your "readout" on your device gets old and a different period t so many times.   

An instantaneous post of a Winter readout on a solar system is enough to make an informed assessment of it's annual viability?
Most of the meters are displaying two things. One how to measure the issue and two a unique result.

I'm happy to shut up if that's what you prefer. I just need to define the problem first.

Scruff

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2022, 07:25:16 PM »
U now I have full access to site, Im not someone to mess with, I can delete your fieldlines existence.

I'm not messing JW. I still don't know what the problem is specifically other than perhaps I'm vocal? Delete me if you wish.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2022, 07:30:44 PM »
Ok then you help me so that diary's are not able to take on the front page like you are doing. Most users have common curtesy and dont cross the line you have. 

Scruff

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2022, 07:41:59 PM »
I'm not trying to take on the front page dude. I made say 4 posts on 4 concurrently relevant topics to me, I spent a few days storing them because life got in the middle. People replied so I thought it polite to respond. Now I'm hogging the front page?

Most users online today: 88.  ???
Probably not a lot to say compared to other platforms with more throughfare...
Other news...most of it is political I'm afraid.
....the Alps are splitting because the permafrost holding them together is evaporating...they have load cells on the peaks....not as political as the unsustainable need to urgently build an army in Europe I suppose....

1.1 post per day I make JW. Usually with a week or month intervals.

Scruff

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2022, 07:50:11 PM »
I'll let you sleep on your decision JW.

Peace Out.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2022, 07:53:09 PM »
The fact that your like oh delete me if you want?

You need to do more background to understand what I'm saying.

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2022, 08:47:45 PM »
Hi JW,
Sorry to see you embroiled in this.  Scruff's a great chap, so I just sent him a message and we'll have a chat.  That's what us moderators are here for, so everyone else can relax.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

TechAdmin

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2022, 09:13:13 PM »
I'm gonna go out on a limb and claim JW is having a crappy day on this one :o You may very well be admin, a friend etc but Scruff is also an old time user with many posts, and he hasn't insulted anyone :) If he adds content that is somewhat related then it's only good for the site, provided it's not free energy/perpetual motion and that kind of garbage ;D And hey, you still have to reply to my email! #_#

Gonna update the forum in a minute, there may be a downtime of... 10 seconds or something. EDIT: nvm, it's not a few clicks on this one, sigh. Will do later.

EDIT 2: would be tempted to split the last part of this topic into Quarantine section and clear it but I'd rather ask what other admins/mods think about it.

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2022, 09:40:45 PM »
Thanks TechAdmin!

I just made contact with Scruff.  I think we're cool now.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2022, 12:16:32 PM »
Hi Sruff,
You are unrestricted, feel free to post in logged in logged in diarys. Sorry for the delay having a hard time typing.

JW

TechAdmin

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2022, 01:07:23 PM »
This topic was split from "An Proto-Teach Éireannach" -
An Proto-Teach Éireannach

@JW Just my 2 cents but I kinda disagree on the topic being in "logged in diaries" as well. Firstly because the topic starter (Scruff) doesn't want it to be here and posted it in the public section (it should be his right to keep it where he posted, unless it was a wrong section in the first place), and secondly because it hurts the site SEO since Google will not index topics in this section due to it being restricted to logged in users. It's much, much worse if it's a post with 600 replies and it disappears from one day to another, Google will be like "Huh wtf? Where is it? This site sucks, its content is disappearing".
Speaking of site, I did manage to update it, you'll find 2.0.19 in the footer section now.

And yes, we should clean this thread from the unrelated posts after we're done with this thing :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 01:25:18 AM by TechAdmin »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2022, 06:22:38 PM »
"“chaos theory, in mechanics and mathematics, the study of apparently random or unpredictable behaviour in systems governed by deterministic laws. A more accurate term, deterministic chaos, suggests a paradox because it connects two notions that are familiar and commonly regarded as incompatible.Dec 15, 2021″

Flavio !

I don't care if Scruff is a user or not, Ive been watching him for months.

Dont you make me go TomW on your ass. :)

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2022, 06:46:11 PM »
There is good reason that Damon mentioned-

"Both because of coupling noise into the house, but also because you may shake things apart that aren't expecting those sorts of stressors."

Look I had this outlaw biker ask me for the front shocks tightened over the weekend. I looked at the 3 top tower etc.

I was then like we should leave it, its properly tuned just rubber bushings in the "forks". I said there is nothing to do- your fine it returning to center. In fact if the bushings weren't there this would  make a back breaker. Harley Davison good a prepared bike, I said  etc- has got a good bike.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2022, 06:53:49 PM »
There is good reason that Damon mentioned-

"Both because of coupling noise into the house, but also because you may shake things apart that aren't expecting those sorts of stressors."

Look I had this outlaw biker ask me for the front shocks tightened over the weekend. I looked at the 3 top tower etc.

I was then like we should leave it, its properly tuned just rubber bushings in the "forks". I said there is nothing to do- your fine its returning to center. In fact if the bushings weren't there this would  make a back breaker. Harley Davison good a prepared bike, I said  etc- has got a good bike.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2022, 11:01:14 PM »
and secondly because it hurts the site SEO since

One thing that will never change our host is "the server is hosted on the US by default

TechAdmin

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2022, 11:07:13 PM »
The site could be hosted in Zimbabwe, Google doesn't care, but if you remove content it does.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2022, 11:15:00 PM »
Look Flavio,

We do it for a reason,
IE the server is hosted in the USA always. Its hosted in usa its important.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 11:26:16 PM by TechAdmin »

TechAdmin

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2022, 11:26:04 PM »
No it's not, I don't understand where you get this information from, but Google does NOT care about where the server is hosted for indexing purposes! It only looks at speed, layout, content, keywords, security, https and a bunch of other things but server location is completely irrelevant UNLESS it affects the speed, which is what you will find in the articles talking about it.
Basically, if your server is in Antarctica then it will be far away from everyone and load slowly. But a server in EU or US is pretty much the same thing, the difference is 0.1s if at all.  You can only feel such things if you are playing online games and playing on US servers while living in EU and viceversa, then you will have about 100/150ms of lag, which is very negligible for a site...

P.S.: trimmed your post, you accidentally added a bunch of empty lines and it was super long :P

MattM

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2022, 12:05:48 AM »
This diary was more interesting before the google speak entered into the discussion.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2022, 12:07:22 AM »
Flavio your good.

I called the host and they were able to verify that our server is hosted in the USA called the host/server location. Recently I had to pay $200 for fieldlines hosting, they also verified our register domain     

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2022, 12:50:37 AM »
So anyway im cooking some Jumbo eggs and toast. very nice..

The ALS thing is getting bad. Im trying to hide it from my Mom. I have dinner for us Tuesday. Will be good. :)

Scruff

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2022, 02:41:08 AM »
Thanks for the input Flavio...tbh I was too busy to fight my corner. Hey, where did this come from?  O0 O0 >:D  ^-^

Many important points on the matter fwiw JW.
AS of right now there's a 1:10 ratio of logged in users to not logged in. Meaning that if it's in logged in diaries then the majority of viewers can't see it.
Non-registered users aren't enticed to engage with the site if they can't see content to engage them.
It's open-source content for the masses that is free I very much do not want it to be exclusive to members only.
Making it exclusive to members only is a form of selective censorship.
Finally I won't produce content if I'm censored without merit...that's a biggy!
Thanks for your involvement on the matter folks..you know who you are.

To whom it may concern; Feel free to tidy up.
JW I'll try not to burst fire posts in here if that bothers you but if somebody asks a question...I'm gonna reply to it...

As regards the googlebots...I deliberately miss-spell companies I don't like such as ApprenticeVolt and Schlicktron so as to not promote their business..and so that lawyers don't come knocking on yer door because I have a problem not saying exactly what I think of a piece a garbage propped by marketing. Some photos contain part numbers for trade secrets that go undetected by the bots. EG. MorningStar Temp Sensor Thermistor Codes.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 03:33:29 AM by Scruff »

Scruff

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2022, 03:02:21 AM »
I'm in Steam Engines now!!! ::)  :-\
Very funny.  :P

I'll take it... ::) Thx!

Scruff

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2022, 03:06:56 AM »
Sorry haven't had coffee yet...this is a thread about a thread...ok. And ProtoHouse is still behind the iron curtain. I'll get back to my vow of silent protest then.

Does nobody wanna see gas recombinant caps for flooded lead acid? They're like making an AGM with triple the lifespan and a third of the cost.

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2022, 03:10:54 AM »
Yes please Scruff.  Looking at those caps right now.

Got some Rolls recombinant coming here so i can have i good look see.
Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery