Miscellaneous > Fabrication

CAD

<< < (2/7) > >>

clockmanFRA:
A pocket watch design, from the time of change from hand drawn to CAD, coloured in so normal folk can understand, and a New Clock design in preparation.

CAD changed everything, just so much easier to design and implement.

SparWeb:
Clockman,
Now I know where you get your handle.  Well deserved!
I spent an enjoyable hour this morning, poring over your clock drawings, thanks.

I have also just learned what Elinvar is.  Thank you for that, too.  Filed into a drawer in the back of my mind just in case such a thing is ever necessary or even of academic use.

From TurboCAD, I believe it has a native file format not very compatible with other systems, but can save to a more universal format like DXF.
For posting any kind of files other than graphic images, try putting them in a Zip file. 

JW:
Clockman,

--- Quote ---Well i tried to post here some drawings and finished products as i use TURBOCAD but my post does not go on. ?
Modify message

--- End quote ---

I have encountered this aswell, were working on it, if your files are jpeg they should work ok.

About CAD I have solidworks 2016 and Ive learned it was compatible with alot of other cad programs, neat stuff Im trying to figure out how to post edrawings files on the site.

clockmanFRA:
Thanks SparWeb,

Hamilton only produced 1cwt of Ellinvar to their very special formula. At the time 1930s to 1940's Hamilton ruled the American manufacturers, and they even built a bespoke foundry and employed some very bright and intelligent hands on metallurgists.

In the Hamilton watches book, sadly only a few pages discuss the American Marine Chronometer and its special balance spring material.

Hamilton model 22 Deckwatches, (deckwatch was used as an auxiliary time piece and set from the Model 21 Hamilton gimbled marine chronometer for the navigator on deck to take a sight with a sextant). The 22 are highly sought after in the Watch collectors market that seek out mechanical precision timekeeping.

Yes, i can create DXF files from TurboCad, but small interior details get lost.   However I re-draw the original drawing and allow for the width of the cut for fine laser cuttings with a CNC.   I send DXF as an email attachment and then swing by when finished Pay and collect.

clockmanFRA:
JW,   Seems to be size, any JPEG over 1,4mb each does not post with other images even if they are a lot smaller.

I even ensured that my images stayed with the Fieldlines image post limits.

So i broke up my post to several and they were okay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version