Miscellaneous > Fabrication

Cad model?

(1/5) > >>

GreenTeam:
Can anyone create me a cad model that I can make a .stl from for me?
I am just to far behind the curve to try and learn fusion360, and any other program
They just infuruate me insanely
And, I leaned CST lol, says alot
Anyhoo, I have emailed the creators of this mini turbine, it puts out something like 5 watts,
its single phase 8 coils dual rotor. Its from a thesis paper about studying micro wind turbine feasibility,
And, it is what I always wanted to build for a fun project, than I got carried away.......

SparWeb:
Hi GreenTeam,
I understand why you're asking, but there are plenty of people that you can reach on the internet who specialize in doing this for a living.  To do it for you for free takes food out of other peoples' mouths.  There look to be a lot of parts and you've been very prolific so far.  I don't want to put a drag on your creativity.  A project like the one in your picture could take about a week to prepare.  If you aren't doing it yourself, then put someone who has invested time and money in developing that professional skill with expensive software to work.  They probably need it.

GreenTeam:
I think I understand now. It's alot more to it than I originally thought there would be. I don't know anything about cad really. I only just discovered tinkercad a month and a half ago. Maybe if the price is decent , I would consider paying to have this micro model replicated. Until than , I'll try to hack it out on tinkercad. Eevry time I try fusion360 I get frustrated at how many mouse clicks I have to do. And I can't even just make a simple cylinder. And the tutorials are $#|+e so to say lol. But, I really wanna use fusion360 , but I can't seem to find any good walk through tutorials online. Itseems to me , that I am missing a really important part to using fusion360 :( And I don't know what it is either. It's just what I watch on youtube, I can't seem to do on my own machine.

SparWeb:
My experience was to learn in 2D and get good at that before tackling 3D.  I know I know, what fool I was...
But there are lots of 2D CAD packages.
https://www.bricsys.com/en-intl/
https://www.turbocad.com/content/free-trials

Also... and I mean this in the kindest way... the stuff you're usually printing could be drawn in 2D anyway...  ...which is actually true of 90% of the 3D printed stuff I see on display anyway.  The whole idea that you have to model in 3D to get the 3D shape is not really true.  If your so-called 3D thing is just two 2D shapes stacked on each other, then come-on, tell me another one.

Long-term thinking, if you give yourself some time to pick up some CAD tricks, even in 2D, you will discover yourself thinking more creatively and constructively about ways to make things on the makerbot that you would never have come up with before.

JW:
I have worked this process myself. When I started to use CAD I went with Solidworks 1999 and 2000 3D. I absolutely love SW 2000 when I initially selected this software it was because it was the easiest to use. I still love it... I have a computer that I have successfully installed Windows 2000 on today. At the time I used it, I had Windows NT, and subsequently  became a NT administrator.

I have been trying like hell to get a graphics card for it. I will succeed eventually... The older software is much easier to use but nearly impossible to get now a days.

A few years ago I upgraded to to SW 2016, I can use it, but barely as much, it is harder to use than 2000. But im sticking with it and use a windows 10 PC. I also have a rare instructional book for 2016 so that helps.

Its like the forum here me and Flavio go back and forth with server applications. We both agree what we have now is the best option for us.

CAD software is just as touchy if you can get with a OEM for a test drive its the best way thats what I did with SW.     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version