Miscellaneous > Fabrication

Cad model?

<< < (2/5) > >>

JW:
Just as a aside, back in 2000 between the PC and solidworks software it cost about 9 grand... When I upgraded to SW 2016 they gave me a better deal because I already had a "seat" and it was much cheaper but between the PC and stuff it was still around 7 grand.

JW:
I finally got all the hackers out of my computer and its clean. Just did a fresh re-install everything worked as it should.

when I work with this stuff it reminds me of Flux, he passed away from cancer a few years ago.

Mary B:

--- Quote from: JW on January 15, 2021, 08:33:04 PM ---I have worked this process myself. When I started to use CAD I went with Solidworks 1999 and 2000 3D. I absolutely love SW 2000 when I initially selected this software it was because it was the easiest to use. I still love it... I have a computer that I have successfully installed Windows 2000 on today. At the time I used it, I had Windows NT, and subsequently  became a NT administrator.

I have been trying like hell to get a graphics card for it. I will succeed eventually... The older software is much easier to use but nearly impossible to get now a days.

A few years ago I upgraded to to SW 2016, I can use it, but barely as much, it is harder to use than 2000. But im sticking with it and use a windows 10 PC. I also have a rare instructional book for 2016 so that helps.

Its like the forum here me and Flavio go back and forth with server applications. We both agree what we have now is the best option for us.

CAD software is just as touchy if you can get with a OEM for a test drive its the best way thats what I did with SW.   

--- End quote ---

What flavor of graphics interface? I can check my graphic card pile from old machines... It has shrunk but I still have 4 or 5... I keep them around to repair friends computers that lose on board video.

MattM:
Can you just run it under emulation and setup a virtual VESA card?

SparWeb:
That could be rather slow, Matt.  Anything virtual gets simulated by software on the microprocessor, not on the GPU.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version