Author Topic: where to acquire certain magnets?  (Read 814 times)

GreenTeam

where to acquire certain magnets?
« on: March 12, 2021, 11:46:38 PM »
Does anyone know were I can buy traingular or trapazoid magnets? I was hoping to find some long narrow triangle magnets :/

MagnetJuice

Re: where to acquire certain magnets?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 03:06:53 AM »
These 2 places have a lot of magnets. The shapes that you want are not easy to find.

https://www.magnet4sale.com

https://www.magnet4less.com

Ed
What can I do TODAY that would make TOMORROW a better world?

MattM

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 08:55:23 AM »
If you aren't going rare earth you can find pretty large ferrite-based magnets in hardware stores.  They fracture like rock or tile, so you can customize the shape.  Just be sure to clean break them as they do not naturally hold an edge when you break them.  They can break pretty jagged.

Adriaan Kragten

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 03:48:48 AM »
Trapezium shaped magnets are used in the generators of Hefei Top Grand but I think that these magnets are especially manufactured for a certain generator size. They will be rather cheap for that company as they use them in large quantities. I doubt if there is any supplier which supplies them as standard magnets. I use magnets of the Polish manufacture ENES magnets and they only supply rectangular, cubic and circular neodymium magnets.

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 09:34:24 AM »
if you go to a pawn shop or used goods store  you can buy a used tile saw for very cheap price . they are water cooled and can cut up neo or ceramic magnets into what ever size  or shape you want  using the diamond blade. i have used mine to cut up many old loud speaker magnets as well as old harddrive magnets. i got mine for 20 bucks 15 years ago. there are a lot of tradesmen out of work under the present totalitarian regime. in desperation they are selling their tools.

GreenTeam

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 02:52:50 AM »
I found some really nice looking magnets on alibaba, they are about 5-6 cm long, and 1 cm wide OD, and about 1 cm thick,
And they are coated black with epoxy, A rather nice touch. But, correspondence with what ever corp it is in guangzton or somthing like that
has proven to be most difficult, Showing a picture with dimensions seems to still go right over their head...   :/   sigh