Author Topic: Hybrid Solar PV Generation Stats in South East England  (Read 862 times)

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
Hybrid Solar PV Generation Stats in South East England
« on: August 18, 2021, 04:05:27 AM »
Hi,

For those interested in data, I got hold of and published (CC0 / public domain) a new small data set yesterday...

http://www.earth.org.uk/PV-domestic-hybrid-system-south-east-England.html

Rgds

Damon
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
Re: Hybrid Solar PV Generation Stats in South East England
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 02:55:25 AM »
Hi Damon,

Interesting.

I see they are GTI with diversion and small battrey pack.

I am at this moment doing a small publication on Our '20 year Sustainability and Renewable Energy Project', here in Normandy.

It seems simple enough but all the data i have is mind boggling, and drilling it out for particular areas of interest is complicated.

No doubt about it, having a Grid tie system to the national Utilities is a way of sharing to the community ones excess, but sadly the Utilities are not that keen. Here in France its 3kW max with actual added paperwork complications to put most folk of GTI.

Any way here is my Chapter section.

14252-0

Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 08:37:24 AM »
ClockmanFRA;
How goes the book?
I read the list with great interest.
Looking forward to the read now.

Cheers
Bruce S

PS>>> How the late October early November weather there? I'm starting my next possible schedule for a trip to Japan.

A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 04:27:03 AM »
Hi Bruce,

Still writing the sustainability book, but its full of 100's and 100's of photos from the past 20 years, so a fair bit to sort out.

Regards travel,............  Yes it would be nice to see you here in France, and our accommodation Gites are always available to Friends and family.  Our ECO SWIMMING POOL is 35c or about 94f in you language.

However, COVID has dismantled the transport system here in Europe, and the ever changing rules and regulations from one Country to the other is a nightmare of logistics.

So if you get a Airplane ticket to France/Paris you presently need a French document that gives a dam good reason why you are coming to France, ie cuddling the local fire Chief might be a border line reason, then you need a Negative COVID test 48 hours before entering France, and you need to show you have the COVID vaccination passport, the French Version.  Then once here you need to self isolate 10 days filling in another form explaining your whereabouts.  And all this even though you are vaccinated as you can still be a carrier and give Covid to other delicate people.    So No wonder French citizens are not coming forward for vaccination, they just do not trust the politicians.
Here in France every official is using the Phone QR code system.

After all that, yea October, November are not bad, and the last few years we have seen little snow etc here in Normandy.

If after all that, you can get to Paris, then you are welcome.  If you are not into the mad Paris driving i can always pick you up from the Paris, 'Charles de Gualle', or 'Oralay' Airports.   Get insurance on your plane ticket, just in case France becomes a RED zone, and your flight is cancelled.

Yes, the family have been here the last month, all vaccinated, which is great having all that 3 boys muscle power around the place, but going out to restaurants and the like is severely curtailed at present as i don't want them catching the COVID and getting a Positive test just before they go back to UK universities, then they will miss their studies etc.   Yes, I am now fully Vaccinated and have the French VAC passport.

Then their is the BREXIT mess which does not help matters with crossing 15 miles of the sea, backwards and forwards with new customs and new duties to be paid on all products and the 90 day Visa rule being enforced.

Enough of my ramblings, and hope to see you soon.

Sorry Damon, for interrupting your post. ?

Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 08:58:54 AM »
Damon;
I'm curious about this part of the report.

The swimming pool went back on around 2021-08-12.
Does this mean the pool heater was turned back on? OR??

Bruce S

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 09:08:19 AM »
ClockmanFRA;
France is easy compared to Japan!!
You get there , stay in an approved quarantine hotel (you pay) for 14 days, then take an approved plane/train to your original destination and  stay once in an approved quarantine hotel for another 14 days (you pay) then if you're headed on-base, you stay in a quarantine hotel for 10 days. Then you can either go to your townhouse or wherever you are assigned to.
Coming back? Same Same...

Travel is once again getting tense since the pullout from Afghanistan.
I've entered into a lottery to be on the next plane ride into space with Sir Branson , we'll see which one I get to travel on first  8).

Damon; Apologies to for drift too !!

Bruce S

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2021, 01:14:03 PM »
@ClockmanFRA nothing to apologise for: the discussion is good!

@BruceS Yes I assume that the swimming pool heater was turned back on a few days ago, but all I know I have written down other than a few details to protect the owner's privacy!

Rgds

Damon
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social