Homebrewed Electricity > Other

wood gas

<< < (4/4)

DamonHD:
Using what would be waste wood from your own or close-by land that would otherwise rot seems entirely green to me.  (Burn it properly so as not to make anyone ill with smoke/particulates!)

Lots disagree by the time you get to the scale of DRAX in northern England burning gigawatts for electricity.

Rgds

Damon

Bruce S:
machinemaker;
Here I am reading this at work getting homesick.
In my home town, this is what our families do and did back when they homesteaded the area in the Ozarks region of SE MO.

Even up in the urban area of St Louis, we hold to this idea. This is also one of the things the city understands very well, we began getting rid of the front yard grass and planting known local flowers,herbs and such.

THANK YOU for posting this!

Bruce S

machinemaker:
Just an update: went back to the forum "drive on wood" and found a lot of information. I look at this as an onsite solution to energy needs. I will be adding wood gas to power my backup generator in the near future. This spring I will start the site work for micro-hydro, then look at the engineering for a tower build and turbine. I need a 90-foot tilt-up tower for our site. I will start a page when I start clearing brush around the creek.
Kent

MattM:
Pine Needles should work really well as fuel, too.

Maybe California should consider forest floor materials for an alternative fuel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version