Author Topic: Our 20 year Sustainability Project, DATA so far.  (Read 1655 times)

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
Our 20 year Sustainability Project, DATA so far.
« on: October 31, 2021, 03:40:13 PM »
Renewable Energy generation here.

For those of you interested, and have asked, I have finally found some spare time go round with my clipboard today to all our generation devices, and to now publish what we have.

There are gaps with the Wind Turbines actual generation since 2007 so i have used the Main Inverter that runs the MINI GRID main meter.

Have Fun.

* EnergySourceListLeVirayOct2021a.pdf (197.83 kB - downloaded 74 times.)

Yes......

Total renewable energy created at ‘Le Vivray’ = 221758kwh or 221.758 Megawatts.

EDF charge 0.25e per kwh = 55,439 euros. Over 14 years = 3,959e per year saved.

Notes, However, about 20% kwh is lost charging the lead acid batteries. Up until this month No real
data of the Wind Turbines was known so the Meter readings have been used. Some AC coupling
devices were re-set so their previous data of generation at ‘Le Vivray’ is unknown.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 04:41:14 PM by clockmanFRA »
Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
Re: Our 20 year Sustainability Project, DATA so far.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 04:53:48 PM »
Big numbers!  Wow!

Total PV generation here since 2008 reported as 49512kWh by the official generation meters.

Rgds

Damon
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social

clockmanFRA

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 05:01:43 PM »
That's a good 49 megawatts DamonHD, have you worked out what the installation has roughly saved you?.

Yes, it amazed me how much we actually generated and we are not even sending any back to the utility Grid, EDF, ie we are not Grid tied..

But we do have underfloor electric heating through all our buildings, but about to install 2off 5kw Air source, ducted air, Heat Pumps in our last building to be restored.

So need another 6 to 8kw of more PV.  I will probably do another bigger static array, somewhere

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

DanG

• 35 miles east of Lake Okeechobee
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 10:41:53 PM »
792euro / year battery spa treatment!

clockmanFRA

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 05:23:07 AM »
Yes, Batteries are a big issue, really big issue.

I have not included any costs about them so far, and won't for a year or two, until the R&D on the PLANTE battery re-design work is completed to a point of self manufacturing.  24off 2v cells at about 550ah, 700mm high 240mm by 200mm case, at about 50kgs of lead inside. the PLANTE design has a very good life span and the more you use these Plante batteries the better the ah becomes.

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 08:08:23 AM »
That's a good 49 megawatts DamonHD, have you worked out what the installation has roughly saved you?.

I know it will have cost me dearly (the grid is cheap), but I regard it as my downpayment on fixing the climate.

Rgds

Damon
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social

kitestrings

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 12:23:11 PM »
Impressive clockman, and you should get a medal for your persistence.

Astro

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2021, 08:15:32 PM »
This is part of the reason I want a system that is very little maintenance and easy to understand.
I plan to keep very good records of everything. To document everything and save every receipt.
If something happens to me and I go before my wife, which is likely, her kid is a moron. I say that because partly he is a moron and partly because he does not know he is a moron which makes it 10 times worse. He would try and fix something he knows nothing about and would wreck it. He does this with his own stuff already and has to buy new after he tries to fix it. So fixing anything is going to be a problem. Also because if something happens to both of us, the next owners of the the house, might want the information.
 I admire your commitment to "the lifestyle" Clockman.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 09:32:57 PM by Astro »

Scruff

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2021, 07:56:15 PM »
Notes, However, about 20% kwh is lost charging the lead acid batteries.

Only if you cross 85% SOC and base your efficiency data on single cycle applications. For off-grid micro-cycling I find most semi-traction (golf cart) batteries and better achieve >95%
Most chargers don't charge beyond 90% these are really efficient systems but don't live very long.

In systems with adequately sized inputs the battery inefficiency for both lead and lithium is about parity (97%) and third to the Inverter (85-90%) followed by the Charger (80-90%).

Lead acid efficiency envelope

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 09:05:36 AM »
Hello All;
ClockmanFRA might having issues with posting some information.
Therefore I am attaching these two items for him as at "test" of possible attachment issues.

ClockmanFRA; I must say the English version is very nicely written , and with our daughter's assistance I was able to muddle through the French version too.

IF you would prefer these to be part of a larger post, and you are still unable to post them , let the Mods know, we can insert them for you into the post.
14451-0

14452-1
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

clockmanFRA

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2021, 12:40:08 PM »
Thank you Bruce, for your help in posting and resizing to suit the Fieldines Forum formats.

The information above is all our Projects here. Some of those individual chapters brake out into there own publications, 'HOW TO MAKE' books.

At some time Bruce & Mods, I will start another topic on Our Sustainability Project, but as you may understand its a rather sensitive subject in the present World, and boy oh boy is there a heck of allot of 'Greenwashing' going on. 

clockmanFRA

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2021, 01:19:16 PM »
This is part of the reason I want a system that is very little maintenance and easy to understand.
I plan to keep very good records of everything. To document everything and save every receipt.
If something happens to me and I go before my wife, which is likely, her kid is a moron. I say that because partly he is a moron and partly because he does not know he is a moron which makes it 10 times worse. He would try and fix something he knows nothing about and would wreck it. He does this with his own stuff already and has to buy new after he tries to fix it. So fixing anything is going to be a problem. Also because if something happens to both of us, the next owners of the the house, might want the information.
 I admire your commitment to "the lifestyle" Clockman.

Astro, as you can see I have to write books so my boys understand in the future, when I am gone and pushing daisy's up.

But importantly for me and my family its giving real information to other folk around this Planet that are interested.

'The Lifestyle' no, not really. Our stuff is all fairly normal and easily obtainable for anyone. We live in a normal house that we ourselves have worked on to reach our objectives, with normal things around us, and expect to use all the modern conveniences that exist today.

We listen, we study, we analyse any data that is available, then we do our own R&D, and then actually make things to improve our lives and our children's lives.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 12:51:33 AM by clockmanFRA »

Astro

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2021, 10:08:00 PM »

We listen, we study, we analyse any data that is available, then we do our own R&D, and then actually make things to improve our lives and our children's lives.

Like I said, the lifestyle. :)
 I figured out several years back that there are only two kinds of people. Those who came to make things better and those who came to make things worse. Since life is not static and always in motion, there is no in between. No sidelines.
So if I build something, plant a fruit tree or whatever, I always figure, well, maybe I made it a little easier for the next person.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 04:33:42 PM by DamonHD »

clockmanFRA

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2021, 01:14:36 AM »

I figured out several years back that there are only two kinds of people. Those who came to make things better and those who came to make things worse. Since life is not static and always in motion, there is no in between. No sidelines.
So if I build something, plant a fruit tree or whatever, I always figure, well, maybe I made it a little easier for the next person.

Sorry Astro, your Statement above is far to simplistic and incorrect.

Especially your statement,  "Since life is not static and always in motion, there is no in between. No sidelines."

There are infact hundreds of levels "in between" with most of World stuck in a situation of just managing to exist.

With my limited contact and journeys around this planet I have seen people, with a little encouragement, do good things to keep this planet alive.

However, this Forum is not for discussing politics and i will refrain from sitting in a chair and spouting waffle, and as my Mother always says, "Stop pontificating and get on with it".

There are some real good people here on Fieldlines, and they offer fantastic practical advice that they have gained with true empirical evidence.  And to them, my hat is duly raised.

Astro

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2021, 08:46:04 AM »

Especially your statement,  "Since life is not static and always in motion, there is no in between. No sidelines."

There are infact hundreds of levels "in between" with most of World stuck in a situation of just managing to exist.

With my limited contact and journeys around this planet I have seen people, with a little encouragement, do good things to keep this planet alive.

However, this Forum is not for discussing politics and i will refrain from sitting in a chair and spouting waffle, and as my Mother always says, "Stop pontificating and get on with it".

There are some real good people here on Fieldlines, and they offer fantastic practical advice that they have gained with true empirical evidence.  And to them, my hat is duly raised.

Agree to disagree. I have given it a bit of thought. It is not what you offer, but only that you offer.  The sum of the total tells us that everyday is a chance to offer. So there is no sidelines, unless you are in a coma or something. Everyone has something to offer and the chances to do so are countless and endless. So again unless they are in a coma, they are offering something. From there the only question is, is what they are offering good, or bad.
 I am not being political. Maybe a little philosophical. But everything I am, everything I do, everything I know and everything I build is based in an comes from that philosophy.  As is the same with everyone.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 08:56:15 AM by Astro »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2021, 09:23:26 AM »
---Begin MODERATOR MODE---
Gentlemen;
Let us end this tangent from the original posting.

---End MODERATOR MODE---

Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2021, 01:11:42 PM »

Helping the planet can be as simple as cleaning up a river bank... and most fishermen will pack out trash, even those who are poor. Less plastic in the water is a huge plus for this planet!