Author Topic: Video of my $100 Wind Turbine in 20-25mph Winds , Furling Well.  (Read 603 times)

gsw999

• kernelpower Ltd
Video of my $100 Wind Turbine in 20-25mph Winds , Furling Well.
« on: November 01, 2021, 12:55:10 PM »
Not sure the youtube link will work , got this turbine second hand for $100 about 6 months ago l, it had been down due to blade damage but I managed to get them patched up and here's some nice footage of it furling in 20-25mph winds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv1dLLp3jcw

chrisski

Re: Video of my $100 Wind Turbine in 20-25mph Winds , Furling Well.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 09:27:51 AM »
Thanks for posting the video.  Any chance to post a link to the turbine, or a little more description for a newbie.

Once I clear out my current projects, I’d like to attempt a wind turbine build.  A small turbine, for a portable setup is what I think my next project.  Something that can produce 150 wh - 250 wh in two hours of winds similar to what you had in the video.  Looks like that turbine could do it.

gsw999

• kernelpower Ltd
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 06:13:32 AM »
Thanks for posting the video.  Any chance to post a link to the turbine, or a little more description for a newbie.

Once I clear out my current projects, I’d like to attempt a wind turbine build.  A small turbine, for a portable setup is what I think my next project.  Something that can produce 150 wh - 250 wh in two hours of winds similar to what you had in the video.  Looks like that turbine could do it.

I was very lucky I got it off facebook I have lots of videos on my youtube channel it is a 15 yr old Chinese one but pretty well built very heavy, 20 foot home made tower 1.1m blades, great for the $100 I paid.

kitestrings

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 11:39:19 AM »
Looks good gsw, and certainly priced right.

You said, and it appears, that the tail doesn't hinge up as with the Hugh designs.  What does make it return, is there a spring of some sort?

Near the top of the tower it looks like you have a little jack-stand for when the tower is lowered.  I assume it is a tilt-tower, is that what I'm seeing?  ~ks

gsw999

• kernelpower Ltd
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 03:50:07 PM »
Looks good gsw, and certainly priced right.

You said, and it appears, that the tail doesn't hinge up as with the Hugh designs.  What does make it return, is there a spring of some sort?

Near the top of the tower it looks like you have a little jack-stand for when the tower is lowered.  I assume it is a tilt-tower, is that what I'm seeing?  ~ks

Yes as the tower comes down it is supported at a certain height which is just right for working on , I call it "Elons Leg" it just makes it easier , it was a good deal for the money would like to go higher sometime.

The pin that the tail boom rotates around is at a very slight angle but nowhere near the Piggott turbines, no spring or anything to make it return it just does so, I may adjust the tail and make it heavier at some stage it's pretty small.