Author Topic: My Forklift  (Read 760 times)

Frank S

• Home with a view of Double mountain
My Forklift
« on: November 03, 2021, 10:57:19 PM »
 When it comes to lifting things I have the largest forklift in the county.
 Well at least I finally have it back in my possession.
 since around 1990 this Taylor 22,000 lb forklift had been on a permanent loan from a guy I used to work for. then when we relocated to Kuwait for 10 years it was left sitting at my old shop my ex partner in the property was keeping it there when we returned from the middle east I sat about getting it back but the guy had sold the place and the new owner was claiming it as his since it had been left parked way in the back of the property. The man who had more or less given it to me passed away about 3 years ago and his wishes were that the forklift and some other things would be mine in his will.
 So we set about retrieving ownership and possession of it About 3 weeks ago my friend was finally able to haul it out to my place and now with a couple new drive tires and a few hoses it sits in front of my shop
14435-0
 So far I have only used it to carry my Kubota KN191 excavator inside the shop
14436-1
I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: My Forklift
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 01:05:00 AM »
Step 1: strap a wind turbine to the fork
Step 2: raise the fork
Step 3: enjoy!

Jeepers that thing will raise about 12 feet, or more, won't it?
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 01:06:54 AM »
Looks a lot like the one in this picture:

No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 11:42:08 AM »
Hey Karl, what if OSHA sees this! Shut up Joe and get the work done quick!

Frank S

• Home with a view of Double mountain
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 02:55:56 PM »
What do you think those fork pockets are made under the bottoms of man lifts if not to be used like that
I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin

tanner0441

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 03:51:52 PM »
Hi

As someone who has regularly changed bulbs in industrial lighting units while standing on a pallet or two perched on the forks of a forklift I see nothing wrong in that photo. All looks OK to me.

Brian

DanG

• 35 miles east of Lake Okeechobee
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2021, 11:20:20 AM »
—- Meanwhile, Frank & Taylor got drafted for a Port of Houston ten-month rotation doing cargo container error control & repositioning… —-

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 02:04:46 PM »
What do you think those fork pockets are made under the bottoms of man lifts if not to be used like that

Never noticed them, now I have to look next time I see one LOL