Author Topic: Hiccup  (Read 3451 times)

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
Hiccup
« on: January 25, 2022, 11:36:22 AM »
Sorry about the hiccup last night. All I  can say its tricky when your an Admin, you see way to much. Everything is good no worries.

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Re: Hiccup
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 02:36:08 PM »
Yup
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 11:47:35 AM »
Sorry for the service outage...

I will tell about it after a while.

Later today I will be setting up the new SSL,

Its alright to post, there will be no service interruptions at this point. 

richhagen

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2022, 12:03:40 PM »
I was a bit worried something had happened, I messaged Bruce, but I see it is back up now.  Happy about that!
  Rich
A Joule saved is a Joule made!

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2022, 12:16:42 PM »
Ya I had Sparweb call me yesterday, I do have a direct line.

we were sabotaged will dicusse later,

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2022, 02:23:58 PM »
I noticed and was about to call. Glad to see all is well.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2022, 02:58:06 PM »
Hey guys going to have to make this short and sweet.

Denny is still Attacking, you guys have  everything you need the crithcall

Boy it would nice if the spell chheck worked,,,

O

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2022, 03:49:40 PM »
Good thbing I have tripal redolncy.

Just to clarify...

The attack is on my internet access

THE FOURM IS NOT COMPRED  COMRPIMISED

tHANK FULLY i WAS ABLE TO RESTORE OUT OUR DOMAIN . wE ARE NOT IN ANY PROBLEM WITHTHE FURUM ITSSELF

tHYIS MORNING WAS CRITICAL TO GET US BACK IN OPERATION... wERE GOOD DONT WORRY.

WER NORT

wEARWE SAFE...,. THANKSTO WAUT i DID THIS MORNING
\
wE ARE OK AND WILL NOT HAVE ANY SERIVE SERVICE INTERUPTION... 

MattM

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2022, 07:33:20 PM »
 No problem coming from google.  However, going to my old link goes to register.com domain registration.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2022, 07:40:06 PM »
Up here aswell.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2022, 07:53:43 PM »
OMG our domain listing expired at 10am my time on Sunday morning with register

It wasn't an hour before it was out (the forum) Steve called he's like whats going on?

We had a timeline bla bla blaa. In any event we could not get the site back up./ till the following monday morni9ng I had mentioned that our domain went all the way beck to the Dans

I had display problems, THANKFULLY7 I was aware we were down.

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2022, 08:57:17 AM »
who is Denny ? what's his problem

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2022, 08:11:07 PM »
JW says he/we were hacked. Monday I could not go to HomeDepot, Lowes or Walmart dot com. Facebook was up as was most of the rest of the net. Later that day only HomeDepot was still inaccessible. Walmart kept asking me if I was a robot and the captcha would fail multiple times. I went to Lowes in person and asked about their website and was told by a person working in appliances that he could not access the company site since the day before.
HomeDepot and Lowes sites returned a plain white page with the message that I did not have permission to access the page requested "on this server" and gave an error number that returned no results when searching for the string.
All seems to be up and running again.
I did notice that the default regions for my DDGo search were changed to China. I changed them back and it seem to stick. I have a lot of nasty FF addons that spoof things and thought maybe that was the problem, but it does not appear to be the case. It's all normal now. The location spoofing is still in effect. I just checked HD and they thought I was in Washington State instead of Florida.
The only glitch here is that I have to login twice every time. The first time it always craps out with the same generic error.

MattM

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2022, 06:48:15 AM »
Just the preparations for an invasion.  All your base are belong to us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQE66WA2s-A

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2022, 09:10:01 AM »
Im still up, thank goodness

Flavio has always been critical of our host, maybe he is right.

There has been a change they will only take phone calls 8 to 8 working days. Its the same with register. This change has to do with covid.

Register actually called me to verify we were back online, that was nice.

But your right when they attack me there attacking you aswell.

Something happened with my router and I had a key to my access point. I own the building and this guy rents from me. He actually had me nearly get arrested.  The cop told me if I see you again your going to jail... I dont know whats going on with denny at one point he moved to canoes in to my area, I said you cant do that, Again he called the cops. I don't what his problem is...

He has restaurant on the property but I wont expose him to us it would be unethical thing to do.

I had to spend about $300 to get us back up and running.

Just hangin there guys. there are 2 redundancies so you can rest easy. Im going to have to get a laptop.

JW   

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2022, 01:03:15 PM »
Renters... in the 20 years I owned a rental I only had 1 good one(they ended up buying the house). Rest? Don't get me started!

Law is on your side if he is a tenant, you have the right to inspect with warning to him. How I got rid of 2 renters... surprise inspection and I found evidence of drug use, you are gone, start packing! Got an eviction notice form the court, told the cops they were doing/dealing drugs. 2 visits from the cops and they left. Took me a month to clean and repaint the messes they left behind. I will never rent out a house again!

MattM

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2022, 04:17:42 PM »
Renters... in the 20 years I owned a rental I only had 1 good one(they ended up buying the house). Rest? Don't get me started!

Law is on your side if he is a tenant, you have the right to inspect with warning to him. How I got rid of 2 renters... surprise inspection and I found evidence of drug use, you are gone, start packing! Got an eviction notice form the court, told the cops they were doing/dealing drugs. 2 visits from the cops and they left. Took me a month to clean and repaint the messes they left behind. I will never rent out a house again!
+1, similar experience

richhagen

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2022, 08:51:53 PM »
Mary, Matt, I have a sizable number of rental apartments in Chicago. I have done a large number of evictions over the years.  Always costly when you have to evict someone in my experience.  For a very long time now, I have tracked the information and outcomes on my tenants.  I run their credit before they move in, currently via Transunion Smartmove.  I had not had to evict anyone for a number of years up until the pandemic when the government told tenants that they no longer needed to pay their landlords and the landlords were prevented from doing anything about it.  I've had six or so non-paying tenants in that period.  Not too bad as a percentage, but I still had to pay the mortgages, utilities, and maintenance over that time.  It has cleared now, as even before they allowed evictions again they started allowing one to obtain a judgement, and since I did not rent to tenants without reasonable credit, I was able to file and that was enough for them to leave.  The point I actually want to stress is that from my database, I can see that good credit has a high negative correlation with problems aside from just not paying the rent.  A tenant with poor credit is more likely to not get along with their neighbors, have damage to their apartment from unknown causes, and other negative issues.  I always run an applicants credit as it is much cheaper than the additional problems one encounters when renting to a person with an unknown history.  Just my experience, but I have the data that has led me to this conclusion.  Rich
A Joule saved is a Joule made!

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2022, 09:02:56 PM »
I was able to relocate my router and have a clean access point.

MattM

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2022, 07:19:10 PM »
We seem to have lost 2 weeks of posts.

Edit:. Nevermind.  They are back as suddenly as they disappeared!

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2022, 08:30:47 PM »
Ya this happened and Steve F called me on my land line. Sorry about that, all the admins here have full access to the SMF interface, so the missed time may have been from me when I put the forum in maint mode.

Sorry about that :) watching startrek voyager 

Edit-

Ya Flavio really looks out for us. We have some great people working for us.

MattM

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2022, 11:30:29 PM »
Cheers go out to Flavio!  It was literally a two minute issue.  I am surprised any server guys were around to react.

MattM

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2022, 07:55:59 AM »
Gateway 502 errors showing up again today.