Author Topic: 15 years running/flying, maintaining the surrounding Environment.  (Read 869 times)

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
15 years now with these 3off, 3.7m, or 12 footers diameter Hugh Piggott design.

I thought you might like these Photos?  showing the immediate envoirment around the Turbines.

Before and After!

It was getting overgrown down at the Lavoiur, (Source/spring and 1800's oak shed building).  10 years of the stuff growing and going mad, So, over the Christmas period all the boys got busy with Christopher, my 18 year old No2 lad, doing the most hand dragging hauling stuff to the bonfires with me.

It was chainsaw and Hedge cutting. I worked the Chainsaw when Christopher was there. The chainsaw clutch lock bar is very useful up a ladder topping out a tree. haha.

I am getting Old, as I had a face plant/field diving moment when, because of all the debris that i was walking on with chainsaw and cutting etc, i had just put the blade lock bar on, when i tripped and went down in slow motion, but keeping the running chainsaw out to one side. The look on Christopher's face was interesting and i called myself some rude words. Just a few bruises and a dented pride.

The 200 meters of Hawthorne, Beech, Hornbeam,  hedges are now at 2.2 meters high and the nearby 20 individual trees severely pruned and big ones topped out and re-shaped.

A bit frosty this morning, but 'doug' on form.

For my French friends here...........
15 ans maintenant avec ces 3, 3,7 m de diamètre design Hugh Piggott.

J'ai pensé que ces photos pourraient vous plaire ? montrant l'environnement immédiat autour des Turbines.

Avant et après!

C'était envahissant au Lavoiur. 10 ans de trucs qui grandissent et deviennent fous, donc, pendant la période de Noël, tous les garçons se sont occupés avec Christopher, mon garçon n ° 2 de 18 ans, faisant le plus de trucs à traîner à la main jusqu'aux feux de joie avec moi.

C'était de la tronçonneuse et de la taille de haie. J'ai travaillé à la tronçonneuse quand Christopher était là-bas. La barre de verrouillage de l'embrayage de la tronçonneuse est très utile pour monter une échelle en haut d'un arbre. haha.

Je deviens vieux, car j'ai eu un moment de plongée sur le visage / sur le terrain quand, à cause de tous les débris sur lesquels je marchais avec une tronçonneuse et des coupes, etc., je venais de mettre la barre de verrouillage de la lame, quand j'ai trébuché et je suis tombé dans au ralenti, mais en gardant la tronçonneuse en marche d'un côté. Le regard sur le visage de Christopher était intéressant et je me suis qualifié de mots grossiers. Juste quelques contusions et une fierté écornée.

Les 200 mètres de Hawthorne, Beech, Charme, les haies sont maintenant à 2,2 mètres de haut et les 20 arbres individuels à proximité sévèrement taillés et les grands surmontés et remodelés.

Un peu glacial ce matin, mais "doug" en forme.

Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: 15 years running/flying, maintaining the surrounding Environment.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 10:15:38 AM »
Merci Bryan,
Thank you again for all of your contributions.

Trees are a mixed blessung here, too.  Beautiful, and have character, but then there is all the work to do.
I have to admit that from time to time, je pique une plonge.  Doing that with a chainsaw in my hand is a new one...  I appreciate the warning but my feet may do it to me anyway!
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 11:25:06 AM »
I see the sheep herder is still working  ;D.

Good puppy!!

I agree the trees are a doubled edged sword, great for "stuff" and shade, but then comes to care of them too.

I have recently moved to a sliding scale when it come to the word "old"
Cheers!!
Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

kitestrings

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 05:23:29 PM »
Looks like a lot of work, and a job well done.  My boys are quick to point out my missteps, and they are not soon forgotten...

I regret I don't follow the one expression, "...'doug' on form."?

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 05:58:31 PM »
Is your dog named Doug?

Doug is a very Canadian name...  if you say to me "Doug from Winnipeg" I can already picture the guy.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 04:00:39 AM »
Sorry 'Kitestrings'.

His name is 'Jordi' he is a pure breed border collie cow dog, but we have him for the sheep, but at this exact moment we don't have any sheep ourselves. But he is a good working dog.

As 'Sparweb' says its a frame of turn. Here its a form of affection for a 'hound dog' that is always there ready to work, gets shortened up to 'Doug'.

Sorry for the incorrect use of the English language, says an English man living in France. 
Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery