Author Topic: Testing the new experimental wind turbine  (Read 648 times)

gsw999

• kernelpower Ltd
Testing the new experimental wind turbine
« on: February 17, 2022, 08:37:58 AM »
Hello, I hope this is OK to share..
This is a video of me testing my new experimental dual rotor wind turbine for the first time,I cut it down to 16 minutes I had hours of footage just from yesterday.

Verdict....

Due to something that I need to improve

It took the high winds like an absolute champ, this is the only wind turbine I have ever made that I will gladly leave up in 40/60/80mph winds.

It needs improving no doubt and needs 20mph + to get it going but is as storm proof as they come , this is primarily due to the chain always having a slight drag which will stop over speeding.
I put some early conclusions at the end of the video , today I am taking it down to make some improvements and we have the back end of a storm coming tomorrow where we will have 60-70mph sustained gusts, so please stay tuned my video's, they will get better , also I answer some questions that some people had about the tail, any comments are welcome.

Big shout to anyone climbing towers and getting stuff done , Gavin.

https://youtu.be/FJZUb8LUI2M

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: Testing the new experimental wind turbine
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 01:41:14 AM »
Have you run it with just one rotor?
If so, how does it compare?
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

gsw999

• kernelpower Ltd
Re: Testing the new experimental wind turbine
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 03:38:07 PM »
This design wouldn't even turn with one rotor plus the plan is to not have a tail , the second set of blades does provide some extra grunt for sure.