Author Topic: Inverter to high output panels  (Read 565 times)

guruji

Inverter to high output panels
« on: April 11, 2022, 05:20:25 AM »
Hi guys I have 34v output solarpanels and want to hook it to a 12v-22v inverter. What should I do to lower their voltage?
Thks.

mab

Re: Inverter to high output panels
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 09:57:29 AM »
You could try looking in the connection box on the panel - if it gives access to the midpoint of the panel - i.e. 17v then it may be possible to electrically split the 34v panel into 2 x 17v panels and connect in parallel.

Otherwise it may be simpler trade in either  the inverter or panel for compatible ones?

Or use an MPPT controller to drop the voltage - but this may be an expensive solution and electrically inefficient as your converting voltage twice.

guruji

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 10:50:43 AM »
You could try looking in the connection box on the panel - if it gives access to the midpoint of the panel - i.e. 17v then it may be possible to electrically split the 34v panel into 2 x 17v panels and connect in parallel.

Otherwise it may be simpler trade in either  the inverter or panel for compatible ones?

Or use an MPPT controller to drop the voltage - but this may be an expensive solution and electrically inefficient as your converting voltage twice.

Hi mab thks for response. This is just for temporary usage cause had another inverter and trying to fix it but cannot find equivalent mosfets to it ITA25N50R.
Thks.

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 01:08:58 PM »
MOSFET is a 25n50R(r maybe reverse pin out?) a Chinese part... good luck finding one...