Author Topic: Fitness power  (Read 3738 times)

Moben44146

Fitness power
« on: April 19, 2022, 05:46:48 AM »
I know cardio machines already exist but what about those of us who wish to do more?

I have a power point that I cannot attach detailing the concept. I don't have the engineering skills to put it together or maximize it's utility...

MattM

Re: Fitness power
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 08:02:05 AM »
So describe it in words.

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 11:52:20 AM »
Pedal Gens... been many built on here!

Moben44146

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 01:32:57 AM »
Not a Pedal gen.

Take the concept 2 rower. It already spins a flywheel, that is to generate resistance for the puller.

What if that flywheel mechanism can be connected to a gear box. A gearbox with various assortment of gears. The different combination increasing the resistance being pulled.

The platform of the rower being modified, so in a vertical position one can do movements ranging from a face pull/tricep push down, to a bicep curl and rear delt extension. Under the rower platform a base plate with quick connect straps for deadlift and other ground lift movements. In the horizontal position, a longer/convertible seat, for rowing, that can be pinned in place for bench press, that can sit up on an angle for traditional dumbbell movements, and perhaps a high position foot plate for leg press.

The gear box connects to an alternator/generator.

It's setting up a gearbox to replace weight selection that I'm having difficulty with. The Tonel with a simple winding mechanism changes tension between 5-200 lbs.
How can one increase the tension in stages between 5-400+ lbs, while taking advantage of the additional force generated as electrical output.

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 12:55:33 PM »
Constant current battery charger, with the current adjustable... BUT limited to the max human power which isn't all that much... read th pedal gen attempts on here to see the basiis for what you want, how the motion is supplied is secondary to a human powered generator