Author Topic: funding anyone?  (Read 227 times)

brandnewb

funding anyone?
« on: July 12, 2022, 12:06:29 PM »
I know I am the odd one out.

talking when I am not supposed and what heave we?

I happen to have a few dollars left?
Shall I, with no strings attached, just dump 1000 of them over to the cause?

MagnetJuice

Re: funding anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 01:59:39 PM »
YES
What can I do TODAY that would make TOMORROW a better world?

TechAdmin

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2022, 04:59:08 AM »
I'll accept donations lmao, I'm very far from rich ;D

Crockel

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2022, 03:51:43 PM »
The cause?

brandnewb

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 09:18:02 AM »
the cause is 2 fold, so I guess the no strings attached was just a marketing term.

I am willing to donate to the field of urban wind if it will help the community software to strengthen and develop.
And also no one has to fear not to be heard because of misunderstandings

I am actually really serious. I am not suggestion philanthropy. I am suggesting well meant aid in a field that needs it.

brandnewb

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2023, 03:57:17 PM »
ok this time around I will be less weird about it.

But should it ever become a need and if aligned with how I see the way forward I can help fund.

All I care about is that this forum and it\s community get to live on!!

Also to help dilute the post title a bit to make it more palatable is that I am willing to send stuff I used to try and make claims across the world if not too burdening.  In an effort to help my mind (and eventually those of all of us) at ease when some better souls can use my own gear to show I have been mistaken.

respect and kind regards

TechAdmin

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2023, 09:27:19 AM »
I mean... If you want to fork out a bit more Ks than what you had mentioned you could offer to purchase it entirely. I'm interested into maintaining and working on it, as it will have to be updated and changed quite a bit in the short/mid term.
It's something you would have to talk about with JW.

brandnewb

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2023, 02:25:28 PM »
ok, let's take this mission a bit more serious then.

Straight of the bat. I believe JW should always stay the supreme leader, if he would like to be so. Even if only like a ceremonial role like the NL king has.
But that is up to JW how he sees things so let not us get too far ahead of our selfs just yet.

Second; I think some kind of foundation might be something to consider. In where there is a well defined structure and that can accept donations.
I am sure we can copy paste any of the structures out there regarding foundations based on open source projects.

Now this is not without cost I know but here is where I am willing to stick my neck out if all in all within 5k.
If the plan is really great then I might stick my neck out a little longer.

Please do not worry. I can deal with losses but one thing I will not stand for is me mismanaging well meant funding.

At first I thought it would be as simple as just using paypal and send some well meant aid to a specific account.
Ok now I have learned the fact of the matter is rather more complex.

I am still very much open to suggestions as I really fear that without some boost we might loose traction here keeping new contributors willing to keep contributing.

Now please do not see this as a snark remark on my part. I am not implying that I will give up loyalty really easy. But there are to be found similarly themed fora that are bit more streamlined.
Something that caters more to the new generation of people with new ideas that we old souls helped inspire.

Thoughts anyone?

Crockel

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2023, 03:25:08 PM »
Maybe for urban windpower, it could go into a set of anemometers for gathering wind speed data. Anybody interested in setting up a wind turbine could borrow an anemometer and all the data gathered could go to a publicly available database for other enthusiasts.

Who knows. Maybe it already exists. I haven't found anything though.

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2023, 09:38:18 PM »
Maybe for urban windpower, it could go into a set of anemometers for gathering wind speed data. Anybody interested in setting up a wind turbine could borrow an anemometer and all the data gathered could go to a publicly available database for other enthusiasts.

Who knows. Maybe it already exists. I haven't found anything though.

NREL wind maps, yes this is higher than we can get a turbine BUT it gives an approximation of ground winds

https://www.nrel.gov/gis/assets/images/wtk-100-north-america-50-nm-01.jpg

10 meter maps, we CAN get one this high

https://www.nrel.gov/gis/assets/images/wtk-10m-2017-01.jpg

They have other heights available...

brandnewb

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2024, 10:38:33 AM »
I guess it all depends on the ratio between funds vs development of both site and other factors.

Let's wait a bit for that until we know how far we can get.

I guess Crokel saw my offer over on that other forum ;) In where I made the nee sayers an offer they can not refuse. Well turns out what they can do is just ignore it all together ;)

I'll make it a bit more easy regarding the wind speed thingy.

Just take Marry's suggestions on this one and then hopefully things will get into sharper focus.