Author Topic: AirX Garden art  (Read 920 times)

ruddycrazy

AirX Garden art
« on: February 23, 2023, 01:00:58 AM »
G'day Guy's,
                   Went to a workmates farm today after work and saw a airx only just turning with a decent wind so I asked my mate is it stuffed. The reply was he was unsure if it will kill his 1695AH @48 volt battery bank.

After i stopped laughing he said it isn't connected so we connected it up and he had an old stiff brake before make toggle switch, he did take quite a few moments to finally turn it into charge mode and I was outside seeing the blades going flat out. When the charge was engaged there was a crash and only one bent twisted blade was left on the garden art.

So my age old quote of the airx as soon as the wind is strong enough for cutin the turbine will self destruct without making any power. Well today after all those years my old quote was proven in real life.

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Re: AirX Garden art
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 08:36:33 AM »
THAT would've been a cool vid to see. ;D

Thanks for a nice chuckle with my morning cup.

Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 12:21:04 AM »
And I bet your mate isn't too happy with you.  As long as it looked intact he could say what he wanted but now it's blown to bits.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

ruddycrazy

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 03:09:41 AM »
not at all mate as I'm going to set him up with one that will work, so looks like I'm back in the blade making game again

bigrockcandymountain

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 06:09:23 AM »
Funny how those airx units have been around so long.  Seems like people would quit buying them with the reputation they have. 

I'll look foreward to some blade carving.