Logged in users > User Diaries

My radial flux generator prototype

(1/3) > >>

SimonMester:
I found this place, so I'll use this for updates. ^^
So I redesigned the rotor according to advice, getting the NdFeB magnets closer together.
Next week I'll have new materials to fool around with iron cores, but for now I continue air cored and resin printed parts.
I just need it working and together to learn more for now, about wiring, adjustments of the structure and so on.

SimonMester:
I am now stretching out my initial coils, so that the legs get swooped by the 2 different neighboring poles.
The readings on my multimeter have improved drastically!
I'd like to thank everyone in this thread: https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,150770.0.html
I know none of this is optimal, but I'm excited to be learning and get a little prototype working with the materials I have!

( Thanks everyone <3 )

Bruce S:
Interesting.
I see 8 mags. How many coils will you be using?
What will you be mounting them in?
Do you already have a coil mounting system 3D printed? Can you share a picture of it?

Thanks
Bruce S

SimonMester:

--- Quote from: Bruce S on June 07, 2023, 04:21:40 PM ---Interesting.
I see 8 mags. How many coils will you be using?
What will you be mounting them in?
Do you already have a coil mounting system 3D printed? Can you share a picture of it?

Thanks
Bruce S

--- End quote ---

So I initially had 12 coils in made (and made that many)
Now that I remade it to a smaller diameter I can only really fit around 8.
I'm waiting on more parts and haven't printed a mounting bit yet, but because I wanted to test things, I mounted them on a steel foil with just some hot glue so it will be easy to undo.

It works! Doesn't produce much of course due to the many inefficiencies and taped together construction but its good enough for testing purposes for now :D
Next week I'll have more materials, so I can do a proper setup.
Truth be told I should remake the coils... I have learned how important their shape is now.

( nobody get excited, at the moment its output is measured in miliamps and milivolts :D )

MattM:
Are you going to 3D print the outer frame to hold your coils?

Perhaps you can make some rings that stack, to assemble a shell, that holds your coils with precision spacing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version