Author Topic: Recently scored flour mill  (Read 1149 times)

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
Recently scored flour mill
« on: July 02, 2023, 11:20:26 PM »
I had my eye set on a Country Living Flour mill due to all the high reviews and quality build, over 1K cad after taxes and such, but then as luck would have it on the auction web site we have here another amazing score!

For $351.00 Cad I not only got the mill but a nice gear box and motor! He had it on a nice thing base but sadly too heavy and large to take it so I cut it down to size, once home the mounting bolts and stuff looked messy so I dismantled it, I'll detail the rebuilding of it on a table with iron angle re-enforcement's.

Some pictures of the mill, then tomorrow gear box, then will be boring for a good while as I need to clean pasture and the front of the house up!

But looking forward to doing some course grind flower to make some old style breads with true whole wheat!

15515-0

15516-1

15517-2

So far it has lived up to the hype in build quality
Ignorance is not bliss, You may not know there is a semie behind you but you'll still be a hood ornimant!

Nothing fails like prayer, Two hands clasped in work will achieve more in a minute then a billion will in a melenia in prayer. In other words go out and do some real good by helping!

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
Re: Recently scored flour mill
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 12:04:44 PM »
Those are built like tanks...

I have a Retsel... the company with horrible customer service but great mills LOL I think they revel in having bad customer service!

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 12:52:49 PM »
lol, cute unit, does look nice

and here's the gear box:

15518-0

15519-1

15520-2
Ignorance is not bliss, You may not know there is a semie behind you but you'll still be a hood ornimant!

Nothing fails like prayer, Two hands clasped in work will achieve more in a minute then a billion will in a melenia in prayer. In other words go out and do some real good by helping!

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 09:11:16 PM »
15521-0

15522-1

15523-2

going to make  the motor and gear box as a sub assembly to make alignment easier

next step is to fill some holes, sand, seal, and paint

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2023, 10:50:36 AM »
The Retsel is about the same size ... minus the fancy cabinet... I need to 3d print something for the front to direct the flour better otherwise it slings it out the top and all over my counter! Need to motorize mine, getting to old to be cranking that handle!

If you want finer flour do a double grind! breaks the bran up more... and causes less heating and breakdown of the nutrients than trying to fine grind in one pass.

For those who have never baked with fresh ground flour the flavor is far superior BUT you need to do an overnight ferment on the counter to help break it down better.

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2023, 04:32:28 PM »
doing pyrotechnics I am no stranger to milling lol.

I did rice flour by hand, and did it in 2 stages for ease.