Author Topic: Magnets  (Read 984 times)

Yianie123.

Magnets
« on: October 23, 2023, 02:59:38 PM »
Hello Everyone, its been forever and a day since I have been on this site.  I had to abandon my last project, moved to Arizona, got married.. I am now looking for magnets, roughly 2"x1/2 for my next project.  Any ideas? It seems like they want a lot since my last project.  Thank you for your time to read this post.

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: Magnets
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 01:27:00 PM »
Hi Yiannie-
Welcome back and congratulations!

Often KJ Magnetics has packages on sale.  You never know what size or quantity, but you may get lucky.  Keep an eye on the site.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

Adriaan Kragten

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 02:38:18 PM »
I have ordered most of my magnets at the Polish company Enes, website: www.enesmagnets.pl . Magnets of this company are rather cheap compared to other companies. Most of their magnets have metric sizes. They supply a large range of rectangular and circular neodymium magnets. The prices of neodymium magnets have risen a lot during the last years. I don't know if they supply magnets to America.

Yianie123.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 09:53:43 AM »
Thank you both for your efforts to help me with my magnets.  Still looking.  Hopefully the prices will come down soon.  They will be the last purchase before I am completed with my project.  Thank you again.

joestue

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 12:33:17 PM »
Magnet4less has the prices in the 12.80$ per cubic inch of n52, it was 8 a few years ago.

Honestly thats just inflation for you
My wife says I'm not just a different colored rubik's cube, i am a rubik's knot in a cage.

Jackir

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 05:21:07 AM »
For magnets, you might want to check out online stores like Amazon, eBay, or even local hardware stores in Arizona. You can often find a variety of sizes and types there. Also, keep an eye out for any deals or discounts to save some bucks.