Author Topic: Crispy Fried Stator Anyone?  (Read 6660 times)

Hilltopgrange

Crispy Fried Stator Anyone?
« on: April 01, 2010, 02:16:54 PM »
It finally happened  the 16 footer is toast!

We had a severe gale blowing for the past 24hrs with more snow than we have had since the last ice age. I had my machines shut down as the forecast was warning of 70-80mph winds. This morning the storm had passed and the average wind speed was down to 18mph so I started them up again, all was well or so I thought! About an hour or so later  I was watching them furl in gusts of about 25mph, the tail was lifting right up onto the stop and at the same time the blades turned about 90 deg to the wind and slowed before unfurling as the wind dropped.

Then all of a sudden there was a huge gust that was very violent and seemed to last forever, the tail lifted onto its stop and the turbine yawed but this time it didn't slow down it got faster and actually yawed back into the wind. I Started to run up the lane to the workshop to shut it down, unfortunately Im not as nimble as I used to be and before I got to it there was a large puff of smoke from the stator , I threw the brake switch and to my surprise it shut down.  I waited a few hours to let it cool and then I tried to start it again but to no avail the stator seems to be well cooked and shorted. So that's the end of that, game over!

In the last discussion about this machine failing to furl flux had suggested an extra vane to the side of the blades to help it yaw, unfortunately I have not been able to fit it yet as it has been to windy to drop the tower. The gust recorded on my weather station for this event was 78mph but it may have been more as the station only logs every 30 seconds. My other two machines both survived without a problem.

The storm caused major damage across Northern Ireland with thousands of homes still without power, power lines and poles where snapped like twigs.  Linesmen  are being flown in from all over the UK and Ireland to give our guys a hand. We came off pretty good with the loss of a single turbine and no damage to our property.  My biggest worry was our poly tunnel it is 90x30ft and the cover on it is close to £1000 GBP to replace, when I opened the curtains this morning I half expected to see it missing.

It will probably be a few weeks before it is calm enough to get the tower down and have a proper look but I think it is safe to say the stator is toast, hopefully the magnets will have survived. The blades are still turning very slowly as if the brake switch is on

So where do I go from here, the original coils were wound 2 in hand of 1.6mm wire, but there was still a little room for more turns or heavier wire so I think I will wind 2 in hand of 1.8mm this time. This machine always ran well clear of stall so I could maybe add a few extra turns to the coils and / or trim a few inches of the blades to try and bring it into stall and then fine "tune" it with resistance. I will also be increasing the offset by a couple of inches.

This is the second time I have witnessed it turn back into the wind with the tail folded, both times the wind was from the north west directly on the front of the house, this machine is directly behind the house by about 50m and sits at 60ft, maybe the house is causing turbulence its hard to say, the other two machines are in front of the house and both behave as they should, I  suppose I could extend the tower by another 20ft this would take it up to about 80ft or I  could move the tower! But that is a major job although it would be easier than moving the house lol!

Nobody was hurt and no major damage, so it could have been worse.

Russell

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 02:16:54 PM by (unknown) »
How many windmills do I have to build to become a windmillologist?

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
Re: Crispy Fried Stator Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 02:26:01 PM »
Then all of a sudden there was a huge gust that was very violent and seemed to last forever, the tail lifted onto its stop and the turbine yawed but this time it didn't slow down it got faster and actually yawed back into the wind.

Been there, done that.  I watched my little 8 footer run fully furled not too long ago, putting out over 100 amps.  I don't believe they actually yaw back into the wind when they do that - it's my belief that the wind is very powerful and variable so it looks like they do.

At any rate, it's pretty impressive to witness one do that.  Mine survived - just because I got big wire in the generator.  Sorry to hear yours is toast, but when I burn one up I figure it's a good excuse to build a new genny with bigger wire.

--

Chris

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 02:26:01 PM by ChrisOlson »

Hilltopgrange

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 03:09:36 PM »
Hi Chris

Life throws these little problems at us to make things interesting, its no big deal and it will get sorted lol.

More of a nuisance!

Its strange how this machine turns back into the wind and I know many will say it`s not possible with the tail fully furled but it does. I have two other machines and an anemometer to ref the wind direction. The only thing I can think of is turbulence caused by the house.

When I get it down and sorted I might try it on one of the other towers and see what happens.

Regards Russell

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:09:36 PM by Hilltopgrange »

Ungrounded Lightning Rod

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 03:49:09 PM »
Perhaps in particular an upward-moving wind due to upward deflection by the house.

This is yet another hint that upward air motion may be an issue for furling.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:49:09 PM by Ungrounded Lightning Rod »

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 03:55:21 PM »
Russell,

78mph?!  It's a surprise any of your turbines survived at all.  Where I live that wind speed is a once-in-100-year event.

The wind power through-put at that wind speed is 485 kW.  Betz limit would be 291 kW, so even taking the wind obliquely at, say, 75 degrees, there is still 100 kW to deal with!

I wouldn't blame the turbine design for this failure.  Just like airplanes and boats, there is such a thing as "going too fast".

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:55:21 PM by SparWeb »
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 04:10:39 PM »
I think it would have been very interesting to see what would have happened if you had shorted it at 78mph.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:10:39 PM by fabricator »
I aint skeerd of nuthin.......Holy Crap! What was that!!!!!
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.

Hilltopgrange

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 04:15:58 PM »
Hi ULR,

I was just reading your earlier comment about the uphill wind on another posting, as it happens I am on a hill top hence the name hilltopgrange lol. Our little hill that we call home is about 100ft and slopes steeply towards the house and the turbine. That would help explain whats happening. This tower was positioned on the highest point for obvious reasons but I never thought about the effect of the hillside.

I think you may have hit on the root cause of this, it maybe easier to move the tower than fight this.

Thanks for the pointer!

Russell

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:15:58 PM by Hilltopgrange »

Hilltopgrange

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 04:29:12 PM »
It was interesting to see it burn, normally you miss the event and just see the aftermath lol. I dont think any brake would have stopped it in full flight, by the time I got to it and threw the switch the wind had dropped but the damage was done.

Just a pity I didnt have a camera handy at the time!

Regards Russell

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:29:12 PM by Hilltopgrange »

GWatPE

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 04:39:21 PM »
Sorry to hear about the burnout, but this windmill sounds like a candidate for a rethink.  

I would wind the stator for half the number of turns.  Put the same volume of wire back in as extra wires in hand.  This will bring the stator losses back into a manageable number.  I would then build some form of electrical/electronic voltage boost arrangement, to give you low winds output, that would now normally be lost with less turns.

You should end up with a windmill that better loads the wind, with more top end current, and less chance of burnout in the bargain.

Gordon.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:39:21 PM by GWatPE »

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 06:35:51 PM »
More smoke is what you get.  You can not only test the stator by doing that, you can also test the wiring and the switch to see if she'll hold.

And of course, at 88 mph, assuming the Flux Capacitor is fully charged, the whole thing will disappear in a puff of smoke and flash of flame -- and end up mounted on a Delorean in a different time zone.

--

Chris

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 06:35:51 PM by ChrisOlson »

bob golding

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 06:43:52 PM »
60 mph is fairly commom here and 80 mph  about 2 or 3 times a year. it has taken me around 3 years to get a turbine to survive the winter here. we got the same storm 67 mph at the weather station about 1 mile west of me and a bit lower so i probably saw around 75 mph. my 9 foot turbine survived. i think the trick is to derate them, design for 12 foot blades and use 9 foot. i see around 30 amps in a storm which  is well within the design. cant remember the wire gauge i am using offhand think it might be  2 in hand 1.8 mm but will check.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 06:43:52 PM by bob golding »
if i cant fix it i can fix it so it cant be fixed.

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 07:01:40 PM »
It depends.  Every machine I know, around here will stop at any wind wind speed (so far... knock on wood) - even those 12V machines with very long/thin lines dont have a problem stopping.

In the past I really like to try to test things to destruction if possible and throwing the stop switch in very high winds is something I've done lots - although I do suggest to other folks they wait for a lull.

I've definitely stopped my 20' machine when it was producing over 5kW and it seems to take that abuse fine (so far).

It's a lot of copper to heat up, so even though the current maybe quite high for a short bit of time I don't worry about burning out.  I used to worry about stator hardware and brackets while stopping but less now that I used to ~ I've really had no problems with that on any machines and we do now is much stronger than what we did in the past.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 07:01:40 PM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

taylorp035

• Stressed spelled backwards is Desserts
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 07:17:14 PM »
I am glad we don't get 78 mph winds in Pennsylvania.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 07:17:14 PM by taylorp035 »

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 07:28:13 PM »
It depends.  Every machine I know, around here will stop at any wind wind speed (so far... knock on wood) - even those 12V machines with very long/thin lines dont have a problem stopping.

It all depends on the blades.  You will not stop a set of these blades I'm running on my machines with the shorting switch when they're spun up in high winds - all you'll get is smoke.  I got pretty hefty generators in all my machines and that shorting switch should be labeled the "Kill Switch" because if I throw it in winds above 40 the generator will be dead.

If you have the machine shorted before the high winds hit they'll stay stalled.  But once they're spooled up all you can do is stand there and watch.

--

Chris

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 07:28:13 PM by ChrisOlson »

jarrod9155

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 07:54:58 PM »
I live in maine and I have a little 7 footer  that survived 80mph winds . Scary to watch it spin at that speed .
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 07:54:58 PM by jarrod9155 »

Flux

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 12:09:33 AM »
Unless you can get the blades to reduce power I don't think playing with the alternator is going to cure things.

I had wondered earlier if Russell was on the top of a hill with a wind coming up at the machine, I was reminded of this problem when someone else reminded me that Bergey claim their machines won't handle this condition.

I am still not sure if this was the problem if the machine pulled back into the wind but it is worth investigating. If it was at right angles to the wind and the wind came from below then it could be the case. If it went back into the wind then it would run away from that condition alone and not need the wind coming up at it.

Not much point in worrying about the tail, I still think the offset is too small for this condition and if it is it won't turn down wind. These are extreme conditions, I have never had to experience such winds and what has always worked for me may have failed here.

Now about changes to the alternator and would it help.

Winding with more turns and reducing the cut in speed probably won't, it will get it more towards stall and may hold the condition off to a higher wind speed but it will fry easier when it gets out of stall.

Winding with thicker wire with less turns is a better way to go, it will increase the current capacity and increase the efficiency so you will get more power with less heating and this is very desirable under normal conditions. If under those rogue conditions the power available was within the rating of the improved alternator then it would have been ok. If it had pulled back fully into the wind then it still wouldn't have survived, there is far too much power available. Possibly with the lower resistance there would have been more chance of braking it but any brake switch would need to be at the tower with very low lead resistance, it may have given Russell more time to reach it in this case but no use if no one was there at the time of the event.

The fact that the blades survived makes me suspect that it was not developing the full power of an 80 mph wind so it may have been near the point where a bigger alternator could have coped but by reducing turns you will increase prop speed and that worries me, a burnt alternator is costly but not a disaster situation, shed blades would be a different matter.

I think Bob Golding has a point, reduce blade size but keep the alternator as powerful as possible and use the same offset so that it is bigger than normal for the blade size. Changes to blade profile could well solve the whole thing but there is no real evidence to base any new blade design on and it would be a complete gamble.

My immediate thoughts are to reduce the blade size, wind the alternator with more strands in hand with less turns ( the smaller prop will need more speed anyway), use a boost converter if you really want to keep the very low wind performance but otherwise make the cut in at 10 mph and you won't loose much in that wind area.

In the end the offset has to be sufficient to stop it holding up wind under any condition or it may still be worth trying the right angled vane with less offset..

It may be worth moving it from the very top of the hill to avoid the vertical wind components and perhaps try one of the smaller, tougher and better natured machines in that position.

There are a lot of other ideas that may work, the only sure cure is pitch control if you can build it reliably but you can play with tip flaps , servo yaw and other ideas but there could be lots of issues to sort out.

Flux

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 12:09:33 AM by Flux »

Flux

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 01:10:40 AM »
If this post doesn't turn up in the right place, it is a reply to DanB.

Dan I agree that under most conditions a machine with a powerful alternator should stop easily with a brake switch. At 5kW out your machine would still be below peak prop output on the stall side. If it got head on to a 80 mph wind and broke clear of stall then it may be a different issue.

Russell didn't manage to try the switch but I suspect it wouldn't have worked at that instant. If he had caught it when reasonably furled before that gust got it head on to the wind then I am sure it would have stopped.

I agree with you about the heating during normal braking but in this particular case the machine would have been hotter than it can stand before even trying the brake.

I am convinced that these rogue events are site specific, I have never seen a properly furling machine get out of control and go wind seeking but I have no doubt that this is what happened. If caused by a vertical component of then moving the blades in the horizontal plane won't fix it. If the wind was horizontal and it got back into the wind then the seeking force is greater than the thrust acting on the offset turning it away from the wind.

Tilting the blades up at an angle of 30deg may cure any trouble from a vertical component and would have minimal effect on normal running, if this was the cause of the trouble then I think I would try it. If it just pulled back into the wind then the only cure is more offset.

Vertical furling or the hybrid angle governor that SWWP use would solve this issue but I would never risk vertical furling on a fair sized machine with a tail. Servo yaw and vertical furling may be a nice solution.

Much depends on whether the vertical component was relevant in this case.

When properly set up I am sure a brake switch will hold a machine shut down under all conditions but it needs to be braked before an event like this.A stalled prop doesn't develop much power but when running not stalled in a wind over 70 mph it's a different issue.

These events are so rare that there probably isn't enough evidence available as to what is really happening. I suspect this is a very different situation from the many usual burn outs we hear about, most of those are avoidable.

Flux

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:10:40 AM by Flux »

dlenox

• PowerDashboard monitoring/logging software for RE systems
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 04:16:41 AM »
Russell,

I had been waiting on your response on the "direction confusion" thread http://www.fieldlines.com/comments/2010/3/14/214513/534/48?mode=alone;showrate=1#48

Where I quoted a paragraph from Bergey manual:

"There is one situation in the field, however, that

we have found can disrupt the operation of Auto-

Furl. If the wind turbine is installed on a sharp hill

or next to a cliff so that the wind can come up

through the rotor on an incline (e.g., from below;

as opposed to horizontally) we know that this will

affect furling and can produce higher peak outputs.

We strongly recommend avoiding this situation."

I too live on ridge top property very similar  to your property and experienced exactly the same condition that you did.

My next stator has coils made from 3 in hand #14 wire, you have to be sure that the bottom of the coil tapers to get them to fit.  They fit a snugly but they do fit.

In addition I put additional side offset from the yaw bearing

Dan Lenox

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:16:41 AM by dlenox »

Fused

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 06:00:57 AM »
Does jerry rigging not help reduce the heat build up in these stators? Maybe Im out of line and its already being used..just a thought.

Sorry to hear of your burn out. Mighty fine machines you've built.

Fused

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 06:00:57 AM by Fused »

Flux

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 06:20:21 AM »
It is an alternative way to connect the coils. To use it you need to wind the coils with more turns. It works well for motor conversions where you probably start out with too many turns of wire thinner than desirable.

If you start from scratch and choose the correct winding for the cut in speed there is little difference in the various connections. Heat build up depends on the fraction of heat developed in the stator for a given output, there is no very significant difference in efficiency in the various connections if adjusted for the same cut in speed. Others may think otherwise but this is my conclusion from testing the various connections. Of the normal options delta is the worst but even then it mainly affects the condition below cut in and in very low winds, the inevitable circulating currents are not a major factor in stator heating.

This is just a case of too much power for the alternator to stand. You could substitute a 20kW alternator and probably solve the problem of burn out but it is not cost effective or very feasible from the weight point of view.

It's not practical to harness winds in excess of 40 mph and somehow the prop power needs to be limited.

Flux

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 06:20:21 AM by Flux »

Hilltopgrange

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 08:14:48 AM »
Hi Dan,

sorry for the delayed reply my phone line is playing up, probably  due to the storm damage.

I missed  the post in the earlier thread, though I remember the topic. I give up on the recent activity link months ago, by the time it loads its no longer recent it and makes it hard to follow a story.

I am on a steep hill slopping of in the direction that is causing the problem,

I am pretty much convinced this is the root cause of it. Luckily I have a few acres of ground so I think I will move the tower to a better location away from the house.  I will be rewinding with 1.80mm two in hand and I will increase the offset as  well.

With a little luck moving the tower will make all the difference and if it still causes problems I will trim the blades back a bit.  

Plenty to keep me busy over the summer, that's if we get a summer! Usually our summers just mean that the rain is warmer.

Thanks for the pointer! I will have a look on the Bergy site latter if my connection holds up!

Regards Russell

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 08:14:48 AM by Hilltopgrange »

Hilltopgrange

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 08:56:40 AM »
Hi Steven

I always shut them down before a storm and they never come to any harm, this was a freak gust long after the storm had passed. I think the cause has now been identified and the obvious cure is to move the tower. The other two machines survived the gust so the system works under the right conditions.

Regards Russell

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 08:56:40 AM by Hilltopgrange »

nibor wind

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 09:31:57 AM »
Since this seams to be a repetitive problem in gusty areas why not use a safety circuit to protect the mill?  It would be pretty easy to develop a circuit that would monitor the current and close a relay if the current ever got to high.  You could even put a filter on it that would allow a short current spike so that it would not shut down under short term gust.  It sure would beat running for control when it has already run away when you might not any longer be able to stop it.  The majority of the cost would be the relay itself (needs to handle a lot of current).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:31:57 AM by nibor wind »

Hilltopgrange

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 09:41:31 AM »
Hi Bob

De-rating it may be the way to go if all else fails. But I think I will  try moving the tower first and see how it goes. We get these winds regularly so it needs to be able to protect itself..

Thanks for your comment

Russell

I hope this post to the correct comment "reply to this" should be renamed reply at random

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:41:31 AM by Hilltopgrange »

Hilltopgrange

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2010, 09:44:11 AM »
"I think it would have been very interesting to see what would have happened if you had shorted it at 78mph"

I hope never find out lol

Russell

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:44:11 AM by Hilltopgrange »

Flux

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 10:06:32 AM »
Automatic shutdown does have its uses particularly when machines run unattended.

In this case it wouldn't have helped but in some cases shutting down during a very windy period may have its advantages.

There are certain issues that make it less simple than you imply but it can be done. I prefer to shut down from wind speed. Over current is not a good thing to sense, some machines can be shut down in full flight but it is not really good practice. It is better to choose a moment with lower wind to brake it and some machines can only be stopped under these conditions.

You can devise some logic to sense periods of excessive current and then give a brake signal when the current has dropped but it may still not do things the way you would like.

I am sure some people do have these facilities and in certain cases they may be a great help but every case needs to be decided individually. Some machines will survive a storm if left running and furling but will break away from a short circuit and burn out.

Flux

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:06:32 AM by Flux »

Hilltopgrange

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2010, 10:33:40 AM »
Hi flux

Thanks for the suggestions  and thoughts. I am convinced this is caused by the hill and the roof of the house, the roof is like a large deflector throwing the wind up into the turbine. Interestingly this hasn't happened  when the wind is from the opposite direction (east).

I was planning on building a new tower anyway so I will position it well away from the house and see what happens but I will also increase the offset and wind fewer but heavier turns, I can then tweak the blade size and add the extra vane if needed. Im not worried about low wind performance as I rarely have low winds, 15-18 mph is  our normal all year round.

It will probably be a few weeks before I get the tower down to inspect the damage, so I post an update with some pix of the carnage.

Sorry I didn't reply to your comment on the "direction " thread, I don't miss much but I missed that one!

Regards Russell

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:33:40 AM by Hilltopgrange »

Hilltopgrange

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2010, 10:46:08 AM »
Im glad we dont get the snow you guys get! I would have to move south or hibernate!

Russell

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:46:08 AM by Hilltopgrange »

dlenox

• PowerDashboard monitoring/logging software for RE systems
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2010, 11:29:43 AM »
oops, that should be 3 in hand, #15 wire (not #14)

Dan

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:29:43 AM by dlenox »

Hilltopgrange

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2010, 11:35:53 AM »
Hi

I don't think throwing a switch or relay with output at 5kw+ would be advisable without waiting for a lull. The snag with waiting for a lull is it may well be to late as it was with this one. This didn't run away as such as it always had a load and it did shut down once I shorted it out. A runaway from loss of load is a whole different animal, nothing short of a miracle will stop it, I had it happen a couple of times with some future energy machines I had and its not to be recommended.

Russell

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:35:53 AM by Hilltopgrange »

Ungrounded Lightning Rod

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2010, 01:14:52 PM »
And they played "Fire on the mountain top!  Run, boys, run!"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:14:52 PM by Ungrounded Lightning Rod »

Ungrounded Lightning Rod

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2010, 01:31:02 PM »
Might be interesting to try reversing the offset/rotation-direction relationship - and nothing else whatsoever - on a mill in such an upward-air site which has exeperienced furling problems and see if they go away.  (Or switch to when the wind is going the other way and has a downward motion.)

Not suggesting you do that, of course, unless you feel altruistic.  (Maybe somebody with a wind tunnel arrangement can try it on a model.)

It would be somewhat ironic if the arrangement we've been using to avoid tower strikes on sudden yaw turned out to make for furling problems on hillside sites.  B-)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:31:02 PM by Ungrounded Lightning Rod »

powerhouse1

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 02:42:46 PM »
hi russell i am in omagh aera i got the big storm too ,luckly had both shut down and they survived, we had 5 feet drifts.Where are you based ,i had a few frayups up to now ,you just have to build it stronger next time.what are you doing with all your power. my last burn was dew to one daoid falure, burnt one fase so i dug it out of the stator, wound three new coils and fitted them in, re glassed them in over a year now good so far, intend to make a new one for a spare.not good to here of a burn out but is always good to read all the coments on this site.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:42:46 PM by powerhouse1 »