Author Topic: the Wind Test  (Read 784 times)

Ding123

the Wind Test
« on: May 19, 2006, 12:53:34 AM »
Hi guys and ladies  , I thought I would take my newer type windmill,71 turns,

big wire,about the size of a pencil lead, also, this time I tried putting cut pieces of rubber hose and placing them inside the coils,fill it up with poyester resin and polyester cloth ,then after it hardened I cut the rubber hose out and this may help with ventilation and cooling.... Hooked it all up to the truck and said " Come on Hon, let's go for a drive.."There is not much of any brake left on the truck and the speedo doesn't work . We got going to what I thought was about 30 MPH when I heard...bang , bang, bang!!!

I couldn't get a real good reading because it was dark, then I heard that bang again.....bang, bang,  bang!!!!I knew there was a steep hill coming up and I could slow it down and get it in park.... I let it coast to a stop and grinded it into park.

Looked up at the wife on the back of the truck , yes ,that was her banging....she wanted to get in the cab with me. Her face and hands were pretty cold and she held them over the heater for a while...as mad and cold as she was , her first words she muttered were.." How many watts did it put out?"I told her I couldn't see the gauge.

On the way back...she used her trusty bic lighter and said it was cranking around 400.

I hope the hose between the coils helps someone ,it does not make the stator any weaker, the wire inside acts like rebar,course all you guys know that!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 12:53:34 AM by (unknown) »

willib

• SuperHero Member
Re: the Wind Test
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 09:12:18 PM »
you two crack me up!!

that looks great !

what is the diameter?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 09:12:18 PM by willib »
Carpe Ventum (Seize the Wind)

Flux

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 12:50:56 AM »
I am not convinced about this hole theory, but it will do no harm. Well done anyway.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 12:50:56 AM by Flux »

jmk

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 05:38:10 AM »
 I think it would go along good with a sloted rotor like Dan B made. The only down fall I see is iceing in the winter.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 05:38:10 AM by jmk »