Author Topic: balancing finished  (Read 1349 times)

Ballyk

balancing finished
« on: July 08, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »
Hello all.
Ballyk back again with good news. I finally balanced my turbine. It is flying with no rocking and producing a lot of power. I used a method given to me by another wind man in Cork and its so easy to do its scary. As we speak I am getting 15amos at 48v charge and about 70% of my home usage is now free again.
Thanks for all the suggestions and knowledge.
Regards

bvan1941

Re: balancing finished
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 03:05:34 PM »
Okayyyy-----------I'll bite  !!
What method of balancing did you use??
We all may benefit from his gent's simple method.

great to hear your up and running well !!   :)

Bill

poco dinero

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 08:57:05 AM »
Looks like he's not going to tell us the secret--after all the help we gave him. 

Maybe the leprechauns did it.

poco

Ballyk

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 08:32:56 AM »
Hello Again, Couldnt post for a while. Seroius work pressure.
The method I used was very simple in the end. Once all the blades were the same weight and root and tip weights the same I mounted them and spent a bit of time with tip spacing. All simple so far. Then I brought each blade in turn to 3 o'clock position and found the heaviest blade as it fell from 3 straight awaywhen I placed a 7oz piece of lead on the edge..I marked the spot where the lead was. The other two were then set at 3 the lead strip was placed on the edge of the blade and moved out slowly till the blade just started to move down.I marked the spot and repeated it with the other blades. I then measured from the centre of the hub to the marks. the blade withe the shortest measurement was the lightest etc. I then added weight to the roots and kept repeating till all measurements were the same. Simple and not a lepreachaun in sight!

jlt

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 09:03:27 AM »
I will have to try balancing that way. sounds pretty simple.