Remote Living > Transportation

Curtis PMC 1208 2312 not responding.

(1/5) > >>

sarscott:
Hello,  I have a Rascal scooter I am trying to repair.  The controller is a Curtis PMC 1208 2312 that does not repond to input from the hand lever/accelerator.  The fuse was blown and I have replaced that but yet the controller does nothing.  Where would I start in trouble shooting this controller board?  In a related post I read that the FET's preclude the starter relay so would I start replacing those first?  Thanks in advance for any help.  Update:  Well I just plugged the board back in and now the board started smoking and burned the pcb.  I will upload a picture as soon as I figure out how to do so. Sincerely Scott Hankus

sarscott:
Here is a link to a picture as I do not know how to post pictures on this forum:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwEscSB_MZQRMjU0YzNmZWYtMGI4NC00YTA1LTgwOTgtODNmMzNlNDNmNTk0&hl=en

Bruce S:

--- Quote from: sarscott on June 17, 2010, 04:55:44 PM ---Hello,  I have a Rascal scooter I am trying to repair.  The controller is a Curtis PMC 1208 2312 that does not repond to input from the hand lever/accelerator.  The fuse was blown and I have replaced that but yet the controller does nothing.  Where would I start in trouble shooting this controller board?  In a related post I read that the FET's preclude the starter relay so would I start replacing those first?  Thanks in advance for any help.  Update:  Well I just plugged the board back in and now the board started smoking and burned the pcb.  I will upload a picture as soon as I figure out how to do so. Sincerely Scott Hankus

--- End quote ---

With the smoke coming out, I'm thinking your best bet would be to obtain a new controller. Most of the time once smoke comes out of them the controller is easier/safer to buy than repair.
What is your electronics skill level?

Bruce S

sarscott:
I have never had any formal training with electronics besides some basic circuit design in physics classes.  I have fixed an xbox and xbox 360 that required soldering on the motherboard.  I found a replacement board for $229.00 on a separate website.  From what I read this board is hard to fix because of the fragile leads on the board.  I probably damaged this board beyond repair with the burn mark in the pcb.  Thanks for your response.  Sincerely, Scott H.

sarscott:
Anyone know of any other motor controllers that will work in place of the Curtis PMC 1209 2312?  I did some research and new motor controllers are $200.00 less in price.  I would rather save the $200.00 and have a new motor controller.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version