Author Topic: Trekking  (Read 805 times)

Muffloj

Trekking
« on: October 09, 2004, 06:03:33 PM »
    I am looking for feed back about a idea i have been working on. I have designed an aluminum frame cart carried by two 20" tires useful for almost anything that requires carrying heavy gear over rough terrain. Hiking was the reason i started working on the project. With my backpack fully loaded for a hike i was carrying about 40# leading me to look for a way to get this load off my back. Also when hiking you tend to leave behind a lot of things that can make life a lot better to keep weight to a minimum. This cart can carry a cooler set behind the axle providing counter balece for the rest of your gear needing only the pulling or pushing force to move the load eliminating the carrying weight.

There are also almost a limitless  amount of accesories to make the Camp Cart an even more versitile peice of equipment. For instance an attachment that contains a tent built into a bi-fold lawn chair type frame with external poles

keeping the ocupants off the ground and allowing for quick camp setting and pickup. I have also found an electric hub motor that could allow one to travel up to 20  miles carrying all of your gear without effort. the battery could be charged by PV when needed.

I am just  looking for a little outside thought to help gain more insight thank a lot

« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 06:03:33 PM by (unknown) »

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Trekking
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 11:13:24 PM »
Have you seen any 'game carts'? They are to pack out big game, deer, elk, etc. Sportsmans Guide, Bass Pro, Cabella's, etc may have photos. I remember one that had only 1 wheel.

Trees, logs, brush, creeks, hills, and stuff would limit where something like this could be used. No way it would get to a deer in the woods around here.

Would be good for groomed trails.

Pulling something like this is way easier than pushing it.

An ALICE harness might be good to take some stress off your hands?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 11:13:24 PM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller