Author Topic: Started out playing. Seen the light. Thanks  (Read 802 times)

Basil

• 3 rd shift made me this way.
Started out playing. Seen the light. Thanks
« on: July 04, 2008, 09:24:14 AM »
4 th July 2:20 am. I work 3rd can't sleep.  Re sized the wiring tracking photo. There is no question here just notes that may help  others. To fill in the blanks you my need to go back and read my past post. I have not seen any wind for 30 days or more here. North East Alabama and not the best location. Old blue is still on the test stand and now has a 38 volt like the one we put up on a flag pole. I reworked the 6.8 blades. Patched the holes and painted them 500 times to seal them. I left the 1 to .8 chain drive on it to see what it will do when / if the wind blows again. I went as for as rounded up 80 ft of 3'' pipe to make a tower ( Maybe 35 ft ) for the / or better mill. Now that it's summer and no wind of any kind. I am going to stop my mill projects for now. If I put one up It will be for the fun only. No power for me here in wind. That's what I wonted to know and time did tell. I did make a ceiling fan out of the 90 volt 1050 amp PM motor. Wife said that's the best thing that's came out of all this so for. I am remodeling still and I plan to build it into the new ceiling. All that will stick out will be the shaft. When it goes out I will just Hide the shaft. It pull's 1 amp. Running it and the 2 cf lights I do have to use the ac charger once a week to bring the battery bank up. Right now I'm using the D1 or D4 Heavy equipment battery and 2 Trojan 6 volt batteries. There's a story behind both I'll call sets of batteries. My 95 watt HF panels still putting out up to 4 amps at times. My home made relay tracker is working out great. ( Red Rock still rocks in my book / read my past post. It died ) I have not fine tuned it yet because it doing ok for me now. It stays in one spot until the sun hits the 1.3 watt panel then it moves all the way the the west. The sun travel right now is almost straight up and over each day. I have a 12 volt time delay off board I will in stall later to drop it out if needed. It's doing fine for now. ( I know it has to build up to pull in the relay and less to hold it in and that is why it stays pulled in.) The angle of the sun right now the time delay off relay may not do any good anyway.  Wonder if where my panel array is will be right this winter? Funny how you don't look at things like that until you need to.( Angel of sun and all ) I tested my well water plan and it looks like it may be worth digging the well. I have did several test with tap water ( As cold or near as cold as well water ) out side on 90 + deg days. Very low flow on the one ( 9x16 ) coil. Blower on it and it worked great. Just adjust the water flow for the air flow and heat. Now to find an old central unit to do more testing. Yea lot's of testing before I start digging a well. Here we fight the heat mostly. Up north the cold mostly it looks like. Natural gas went up so hi I removed the gas water heater and went electric. Just me and the wife now. It cut the gas bill $ 40 last month. I swapped one evil for another but I do plan on solar water and gathering up part's now for it. Just got my hands on a good 3 ph 480 volt 80 gallon tank and now have the old 40 gallon tank out of the house. I have so for only 2 sliding glass doors but still looking. Now to learn what the best panels to build. Part of the reason I'm remodeling is the front of the house faces the South West. The wall has no insulation and the heat comes right in off the porch. The South side and the South side west of the porch will be panels. It will shade the front of the house and make hot water. ( Plan to take the porch in as part of the living area ) I will have new insulated walls making hot water and larger area in the house. Uh///  if she can get me to do all that after I put the panels up. I have found to match the ac with solar it would take ton's of solar. I plan to use solar on the heating and cooling projects only probably in the further. The coast is to great and you just wont more and more. Better to conserver and use solar at it's best on the new projects to cut the bills down. I have learned from all this you can't defeat AC head on. Cut it's legs off. Go around do what it takes to not turn the grid on. I will up date projects as time goes by. Studying solar hot water for now with working on the cooling. These 2 things can pay for them self's in quick return.  A lot of this I have said in past post but I just sumed it up because I will be working on the house and projects for awhile. I have learned a lot from this site and hope to learn more. Hope this can help some one. Thanks to all. No comments needed.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:24:14 AM by (unknown) »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Started out playing. Seen the light. Thanks
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 01:03:47 PM »
Basil;

Just a friendly heads up on why hardy anyone will read this.

It is very hard to read one big unbroken block of text.

If you care to repost I will remove this copy.

Tom

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 01:03:47 PM by TomW »