Author Topic: Wind for heating  (Read 1358 times)

Max46

Wind for heating
« on: March 20, 2006, 08:47:31 PM »
[Covered in depth recently user obviously did no research bye]

I'm planning a windmill but i do not want to use it for charging batteries but to power heating element to heat water.

I like to use regular heating element 120v or 240v. Is it possible to built something like this from scrach with PMG???

What design should I choose 2 stator/1 rotor or 2 rotor/1 stator???

I plan to use it as a pre-heat for floor heating. The water in the floor is at 95F° and I took around 4° delta to heat my shop. I'm using a small water heater(6gal.) with 4500W element to do the job right now.

Will I need some special control devise or just use 3 heating element the same wattage(3phase) will do the job???

Will I end it up with an overheating stator if I try to do a 120Vac or 240Vac wind mill???

Any of you guys built something like this?

A lot more question is comming to my mind right now but let see what you guys think about the project.

Thanks for your help

Max

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 08:47:31 PM by (unknown) »

Nando

Re: Wind for heating
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 02:28:19 PM »
Max:

A wind mill for heating is best if the output voltage at peak power is around 230 volts, this way the controller for heating is easy to build.

Ideally, it would be a 3 phase generator but instead of 3 phase loading it would be to rectified the 3 phase and have a 3 stages heat loads.

One load should be a PWM (Pulse Width Modulated) load and the other two, to be ON/OFF, this way the controller will be able to load the wind Mill with MPPT capabilities.

A fellow in UK, has a 2.5 KW wind mill heating water for house temperature control controlled by a PLC, MPPT programmed, producing around 980+ KWH/month.

Nando

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 02:28:19 PM by Nando »

Nando

Re: Wind for heating
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 02:28:56 PM »
Max:

A wind mill for heating is best if the output voltage at peak power is around 230 volts, this way the controller for heating is easy to build.

Ideally, it would be a 3 phase generator but instead of 3 phase loading it would be to rectified the 3 phase and have a 3 stages heat loads.

One load should be a PWM (Pulse Width Modulated) load and the other two, to be ON/OFF, this way the controller will be able to load the wind Mill with MPPT capabilities.

A fellow in UK, has a 2.5 KW wind mill heating water for house temperature control controlled by a PLC, MPPT programmed, producing around 980+ KWH/month.

Nando

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 02:28:56 PM by Nando »