Homebrewed Electricity > Site News

Are posts on commercial wind and solar acceptable?

(1/6) > >>

TomW:
Well, we seem to be a repository of what "I" consider off topic posts about solar and wind power on a commercial scale as well as political commentary links on same.
If the poll had not already been set this month I would have requested this be it.
I find them to be distracting from the purpose of the forum. It is "preaching to the choir", too.
Actually, I find anything not DIY to be detracting from the focus of the forum.
So the question is, do you have an opinion and if so, what is it?
I figure it is a community and it is not up to me.
Ok, post away. I really want to know what the members think.
There is a poll over there on the right, or should be. So you can vote without a comment.

Tom

Bruce S:
TomW;

I like the idea of being able to tell others about places that are coming on board with RE power. It helps to know that even towns and cities are actually listening. Could even turn out to be tourist stop :-)
I would however NOT want to see political comments, they're like opinons, everyone's got one :-()
Only other think would be to keep them strictly in the R/O area.
IMHO, YMMV
Cheers

Bruce S

DanG:
Six months ago I posted about a news item about smallish turbines being roof-installed on Gov't buildings in Duluth, MN and wonder is it OK to post if the commercial turbine or project is man-sized and repeatable by DIY'rs, or has timely industrial design espionage elements to it? (just kidding on the espionage part).
Also, if the national current events' look-at-me Political types are discouraged then what about the family who successfully challenged their local ordinances to fly their five-meter turbine or got their city-hall or local shopping center to install PV panels and include photos to share the layouts and such?
I agree with TomW with just those two reservations.
-----------

I won't post the picture, but here is the Story link..

http://www.fieldlines.com/story/2008/2/15/172232/930

DamonHD:
Hi,
I guess it might be a matter how much 'Y' of the DIY has to be in the thread.
For example, a news report on a commercial wind farm probably doesn't fit here, but what about use of an off-the-shelf turbine (or PV panel) in a home-brew system?
Do we have to refine the silicon and copper ourselves for it to be really DIY?  Dunno.
At that level none of what I have done is DIY.
Rgds
Damon

valterra:
I have a new design that's never been tried, and I am going to patent it after you guys help me design it, and then sell it commercially.
I can't really give any details (because trying to patent it), but can you guys please give me the info I need right now anyway?
Is this kind of post okay?    
<wink>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version