Author Topic: IRC IP Change  (Read 680 times)

AbyssUnderground

IRC IP Change
« on: October 20, 2006, 05:12:28 PM »
For those who don't know the IRC logon details have changed to the following:

Server: 72.166.100.15

Channel: #otherpower

Port: 6667

Just as a reminder to those who didn't know about the change and are trying to use the old details (as I was before this post).

« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 05:12:28 PM by (unknown) »

kurt

• website
Re: IRC IP Change
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 11:22:46 AM »
the rederects irc.otherpower.com and irc.anotherpower.com should be up and working agean soon but for now you can get to #otherpower irc using the above info or for chatzilla users just click on this link
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 11:22:46 AM by kurt »

kurt

• website
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 05:45:41 PM »
the rederect irc.anotherpower.com is working now. irc.otherpower.com is still down at this time.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 05:45:41 PM by kurt »

dinges

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 05:56:38 PM »
And for those who don't know what IRC is: do NOT check it out.

It's a vile place, a dog-eat-dog world. You wouldn't believe the amount of mud-slinging that goes on there. It's the place where the curmudgeons hang out. Where there's always someone willing to knock your latest project, the one you were so proud of.

There are numerous discussion topics, but only rarely is the discussion about RE. I've learned a lot about 'the birds and the bees' there. Often things I didn't want to know. Not only that, there's lots of bigots there. Many seem to hate the Dutch, for some unknown reason...

So, here's my advice to all who read this: stay away from it. I've lost my innocence in that place.

As my friend Dante used to say: 'Abandon all hope, ye who enter (t)here.'

« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 05:56:38 PM by dinges »
“Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing.” (W. von Braun)

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 06:15:58 PM »
Hi Kurt,

Ya I switched from the window's chat client to Monzilla/Chatzilla. Best thing I did when it comes to IRC.

Dinges,

LOL, its not that bad, please dont scare the newbies... in fact the last couple of times i stoped by there, everybody was asleep... I think Ron set the discussion about earthlings or something like that, lol.

Thanks for the irc help, Kurt...

JW

« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 06:15:58 PM by JW »

kurt

• website
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 10:07:26 AM »
all rederects are now working.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 10:07:26 AM by kurt »

picmacmillan

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 02:42:39 PM »
lol....had to come to the rants page to read some new, and innovative stuff ..that put a smile on my face...thanks to peter(dinges)..who by the way is a heck of a joker and alot of fun to talk with on irc....hey, to the newbie and the ole farts like myself is a cool link,,kurt, tomw, ronb, ibedonc, shoot, maybe i better not namedrop :)...zubbly, mattb,all the blokes from down under ,and the whole world are there...lots of good conversation.......and even .....peter-dinges :)....thanks all of you for the things i have learned and continue to learn here,,..this place ROCKS!.....turbine building and re in general is the most fun you can have with your clothes on...pickster
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 02:42:39 PM by picmacmillan »