Author Topic: About some postings  (Read 281 times)

hvirtane

• About Solar Cooking
About some postings
« on: April 30, 2006, 08:54:35 PM »
Does it really matter that much? Those that wish to listen and visit his site their free to choose. Those that don't simply ignore it. One person can knock the apples out of the cart but there are dozens of us that pick them up and move on. If there is good constructive advice read and learn, if not ignore and move on.

Have Fun! Windstuff Ed

I really much agree with this point

by Ed. I sometime ago read some

part of the website as referred

by Anthony and I found it partly

interesting. The idea to have

'double blades' might be worth

of investigating.

Of course it isn't a good practice

to try hijacking somebody's

diary, but otherwise I'm feeling

that telling something about

his theories has been OK.

- Hannu

« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 08:54:35 PM by (unknown) »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: About some postings
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 03:18:21 PM »
Hannu;

Since you brought it up:

I seem to recall that you supported allowing Johnny Cool Pants to infect this forum and we all know what that led to. I submit that you are far more lenient than many of us.

Some people urinate in your face and tell you it is raining. Some people believe it. Some people see a pile of manure, recognize it and state the fact that it is a pile of manure.

It is not the ideas that are the problem it is the method of promoting them.

Just the view from here.

I disagree with you but support your right to your opinion.

T

« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 03:18:21 PM by TomW »

hvirtane

• About Solar Cooking
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 06:32:29 PM »
I submit that you are far

more lenient than many of us.

That is probably true.

It probably has quite

much to do with the fact

that English is not my mother

language. I simply don't understand

why some people are so much offended.

I also don't like so

much the way how that

one person is advocating

his ideas. But I'm just

hoping that he would learn

little by little to behave  

about the same way as the others.

He seems to be dissatisfied

that very few people

are interested

in his ideas.

I disagree with your  point

that I supported JCP to

'infect' the forum. In my

opinion he was not 'infecting',

but was just quite much too eager

to be of help.  

- Hannu

« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 06:32:29 PM by hvirtane »

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 07:47:19 PM »
Hannu I have only one critisism of your posts.......how come all your writing is always only 2-3 inches wide. I dont understand how this happens. One or two others have this problem also, and a short post ends up being 2 inches wide and three pages long. I'm truly puzzled

.........oztules

« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 07:47:19 PM by oztules »
Flinders Island Australia

iFred

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 09:19:36 PM »

If we all think alike we would never get along and have the same thoughts. Some can't even stand themselves let alone others.  We are emotional beings and change from day to day, thought to thought, moment to moment. Enjoy those posts that you like and ignore those that you don't, this is what I have done lately. I stay far away from posts that I find are going to get me upset. In simple terms, I have found that if you look for a problem, you will find one.

Someone told me while driving my car that - I should experience and observe and not judge others. This has reduced my stress level greatly!!. It could also be stated in how to use a web board such as this!

I wish you the best Hannu.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 09:19:36 PM by iFred »

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 10:36:47 PM »
i beleave hannu has some how  mastered the control of the margins of his text.(those clever finlanders))
it looks ok to me.
i've only been coming here about two years so i'm not familiar with the legend of johny cool pants.sounds like a realy sad folks song.

as far as anthony c , i am more offended by his sentence structue than his theary.
perhaps he lacks the technical skills to prove or disprove them. and is jealus of those who can.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 10:36:47 PM by electrondady1 »

finnsawyer

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 07:38:44 AM »
What I find offensive is that he just wastes everybody's time by sowing confusion and keeps trying to fish for hits to his site.  Most people that use this site are willing to share and defend their ideas here.  Not this guy.  In my opinion he violates the spirit of the enterprise.  When challenged he ducks out for a time and then pops back up with his fishing pole with some kind of statement, that he never defends, for bait.  
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 07:38:44 AM by finnsawyer »

iFred

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 06:55:24 PM »

If the individual in question is a not for the common good, or for contributing in a positive way and if the web admin thinks he's harming the board more then doing good for it, then ban that person. The spirit of the board must be protected for the common good and for the contributions that all members have made.  This is best left to the web admin's who have always shown themselves to be fair in their judgments for many years.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 06:55:24 PM by iFred »

dinges

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 08:18:55 PM »
Don't know Oz,

I kind of like it like that; looks a bit like poetry that way ;)

As far as content goes; often TomW and RonB (wdyasq) have a point. One or two times they were right when I was not. It's just that the way they express themselves, they spend more time explaining why they wrote something than on the actual issue at hand.

Then again, every now and then, after the n-th time of seeing the same stupid question re-appearing, I find it increasingly more difficult to restrain myself.

Many a time have I typed a long reply to someone, giving someone 'my opinion' <grin>, only to delete it before posting. That 'please be nice...' warning does somehow work, for me. Sometimes.

But when idiots like Trizzybob appear (don't know Johnny coolpants), even that warning is not enough :)

As far as Integener goes; it's always the same story. I tend to simply skip his posts nowadays. Like those of some other posters. Sooner or later, even new users will learn that the value of some board-contributors is bigger than that of others.

Peter.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 08:18:55 PM by dinges »
“Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing.” (W. von Braun)

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 12:15:02 AM »
Hi Peter,

I'm not sure that Hannu is trying to wax lyrical, I quite enjoy his posts, but I don't know if it is a product of my bi-focals splitting the page in two, or what it is, I just find that I expend too much energy reading the post, than getting the gist of it first time. I always have to read it at least twice. and yes it is always worth reading.

However, the weight of public opinion is against me in this and so on the basis of 2:1, I lose.

It is devlishly cunning how he has mastered the margins thou don't you think?:)

"As far as content goes; often TomW and RonB (wdyasq) have a point. One or two times they were right when I was not. It's just that the way they express themselves, they spend more time explaining why they wrote something than on the actual issue at hand."......sometimes this is more interesting than the issue at hand.....

"Then again, every now and then, after the n-th time of seeing the same stupid question re-appearing, I find it increasingly more difficult to restrain myself.".........yes, but the person asking didn't think so. If we just let it alone, someone without your board experience will see it as a chance to enlighten someone else for a first time,so its all relative.... and at least they will be happy:).

Ditto with the delete key....and sometimes wish I had hit it earlier.

Trizz  and Anthony need to take their  tablets more regularly..... best left to admin. It is ultimately up to us who's posts we then read, who's we look forward too, and which ones to skip.

Admin has done a fine effort of maintaining the integrity of this board, ( although I have managed to slip through the cracks and get on:)).

................oztules

« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 12:15:02 AM by oztules »

vawtman

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 05:59:42 PM »
Agreed Oz

I wish Ron would leave

out his little slogan at the end

of comments.

Whores and stupidity have

nothing to do with what were

trying to accomplish here.

Sure we would like to take

a whore somewhere and act stupid

Anthony is much more advanced

than us.LOL
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 05:59:42 PM by vawtman »

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 06:06:22 PM »

So

Youre

are

an

evil

margin

shifter

too?

:)

o

z

t

u

l

e

s

:)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 06:06:22 PM by oztules »

vawtman

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 07:16:50 PM »
n

o

o

z

I skipped typing class for smoking back in the day.Cigs only!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 07:16:50 PM by vawtman »

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 09:17:59 AM »
Some of the guys with older eyes have to set their monitor so everything is larger.

These guys had no computer classes in high school.

Their postings can end up narrow, so they do not have to scroll left and right through a whole story.

I'm not saying this is always the case, but sometimes.

G-
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 09:17:59 AM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller