Author Topic: Website Tutorial Journal  (Read 725 times)

imsmooth

Website Tutorial Journal
« on: March 26, 2009, 12:20:53 AM »
I have been compiling a photo journal of my exploits with my wind turbine, and now I am extending it to include my axial flux turbine, so this is still a work in progress.  I have modified the webpage to have an index for easy access to the various topics such as rpm counter, chainsaw blades, and tower construction to name a few.  I thought this might help others, making it easier for rookies to put things together when seeing how someone else did it.

The link is http://www.mindchallenger.com/wind

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 12:20:53 AM by (unknown) »

gizmo

• The Back Shed
Re: Website Tutorial Journal
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 12:21:22 AM »
Its looking good, but I think you need a links page, to link to all those websites that are linking back to you. Swapping links is polite.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:21:22 AM by gizmo »

domwild

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 12:02:10 AM »
Interesting, congratulations! Links to gizmo's site, ecoinnovation (kiwi) and burmeister's site will enhance yours.

There is some overprinting of text on the balancing prop page.

Interesting disk brake setup. I will have to see a shop in Perth and ask if fittings are available to attach guy wires to mast pipes or if one always has to weld one.

Your welding is better than my "multi-point tacking"! I believe the cheap 120 A welders set off the thermal overload frequently causing the arc to disappear.

Regards,

« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 12:02:10 AM by domwild »

imsmooth

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 09:42:06 PM »
comments are appreciated.  I have added some links and have fixed the text wraparound.  I am still adding to the site.  Right now I am working on some pages showing some of the tools I have used to get this far.  I nice one I just got are some MRI non-magnetic wrenches.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 09:42:06 PM by imsmooth »