Author Topic: Which Winch ? Photo ID ?  (Read 738 times)

Dave B

• DCB Energy Systems
Which Winch ? Photo ID ?
« on: December 31, 2005, 05:27:27 AM »
I'm trying to ID the worm drive winch the photos show. The original spec. plate is missing and the only numbers I see on it are 2384 on the casting and 2385 on the drum / spool. I plan to use this for my tilt tower. It weighs 65 lbs has a 10" wide drum and was wound with 3/8" wire rope. 48:1 reduction, 3/4" worm shaft, 6" diameter main gear and 7" diameter spool ends with 2 1/2" inside diameter spool. I believe it originally had a manual crank and or a small sprocket for a motor drive. Recently it looks like at least a 1/2" drill may have been chucked onto the input shaft also. I plan to dismantle it and check everything but so far it looks in very good shape, it will need a new cover gasket and of course 90W for the gearbox when I get it back together. It looks like "John Deer" green but that may not mean anything and I believe it was used at a silo ? It would be interesting to know the make and specs. on this unit, I have searched extensively finding similar but no match. Maybe someone out there can help ? Thank you,  Dave B.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 05:27:27 AM by (unknown) »
DCB Energy Systems
http://dcbenergy.com/

jlt

Re: Which Winch ? Photo ID ?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 10:40:24 PM »
IT looks a lot like military winch off 2-1/2 tontruck
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 10:40:24 PM by jlt »