Author Topic: Where is Jerry from non-witch Salem??  (Read 1050 times)

domwild

Where is Jerry from non-witch Salem??
« on: September 10, 2006, 06:16:05 AM »
Hi friends,

Jerry with his 30 wind mills on top of his radio shop plus an electric car and lots of contributions is missed by myself and surely lots of other experimenters.

Does anyone know what caused his silence? I hope he has not been flamed.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 06:16:05 AM by (unknown) »

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
Re: Where is Jerry from non-witch Salem??
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 06:59:57 AM »
He's around different places probably if you had clicked on everything you might have caught this one.

http://www.fieldlines.com/story/2005/4/16/42254/0713

Also an interesting subject ECM's

( :>) Norm.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 06:59:57 AM by Norm »

domwild

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 11:42:22 PM »
Thanks for that, Norm.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 11:42:22 PM by domwild »

Warrior

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 06:01:42 AM »
Yeah, I was about to make a similar post.

Jerry, where are you?

We want to hear more about your contribution & innovations to wind power (among others).

I have some of the projects you started in my hotlist, unfortunately incomplete : (

Warrior

« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 06:01:42 AM by Warrior »
Why can't Murphy's Law be used to my advantage?

RogerAS

What Happened 2 Jerry from ORRAYGUN??
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 12:03:23 PM »
Jerry,

Please oh please drop us a note from time to time.

I need 6 of your basic blades before our fall windy season begins. Send me cotact info if you still sell those blades.

I've yet to understand the 6 ends after I split one of my ECM (<1 HP). I even tried replacing the curved factory magnets and refitting with neos. Still the best I can see outta those single coil ends is <2 volts each. I have no tach, but with the factory 3 wires on the motor side, running side by side with the same (your) blades and same hub and same pitch. The factory 3 wires put to 2 bridges gives me just around 5 amps into my 12V bank, while the split and individually rectified motor never gets to cutin and spins like all get out. I took it down pretty quick, 'cause I could see the blades bending back as a blur. The factory version was running around 1/3 or less RPM, just guessing at 150 RPM or less. So, I'm obviously missing the deal on these somehow. Oh, before I put the neos in it was barely making any voltage no matter how fast it spun. All the coils test out at around 4.6 ohms each. I know which ends go together. This motor did put out right with the other one before I took it down and split the coils. Those 6 pair blow me away. Please provide a diagram, even hand scteched would be fine, of how to bring all those ends together as you mention long ago. Every time I spend more than a few minutes looking at all that I get confused. Beyond figuring out which ends go together I cannot make it produce anywhere near what it should. I've labeled them I've draw pictures and I've GONE NUTS trying to make it produce but it just will not. Searching the postings doesn't seem to find such a drawing, was one posted?

Ok. There's a failure folks. I may never do more than replace the bearings to any others of these ECM's I can find. I think I'll leave all mine as there are unless I can put this one back into some sort of service and get anything like what Jerry got outta his.

Hell, I lived in Eugene/Springfield OR for many years. I married 2 women from there, and divorced 2 women from there. So I guess I broke even. Actually there are 2 daughters with 2 babies each, (that officially places me in the grandfather group) that still live there. I'll get out that way one of these days and look you up. (from the Hank Hill show, "I know where you live"). I used to gold pan up on the Detriot some summers. Never found much but never went home without some "color". I bet those days are over!

So Please, Please, Oh Pretty Please come back to us.

:-)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 12:03:23 PM by RogerAS »

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: What Happened 2 Jerry from ORRAYGUN??
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 01:21:22 PM »
Hi Roger,

Nice to see a new mention of ECMs that wasn't me!

I'm not an expert but from memory, my 1/2HP makes 12VDC about ~60RPMs between 2 star (factory) phases hand turned and lights up an #1156 'bright' with 2 phases at a little over that, so I wonder if yours has shorted windings? It doesn't always show up with a static test and VOM.

But I too would like some input from Jerry!

G-

« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 01:21:22 PM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller