Author Topic: Best wiring for this setup  (Read 860 times)

1memo1

Best wiring for this setup
« on: February 12, 2006, 09:39:14 PM »
I have an existing coil / magnet mechanism, that has 18 coils, and 18 magnets.  The magnets alternate poles with 9 S and 9 N and they are positioned so the magnets are centered over each coil around the disc.  All coils are wound in the same direction.  I realize it may not be the optimum configuration, but I wanted to try to get the most out of what I have here already. What might be the best method of wiring for this setup?  I have 4 rectifiers available.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 09:39:14 PM by (unknown) »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
Re: Best wiring for this setup
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 04:25:51 PM »
its a single phase machine.  Each coil has a start, and and end (inside lead and outside lead).

You probably want to wire them in series.  You can do parts in parallel to match the change the speed/power of the alternator - if you do that, I would rectify each part of it before you make any parallel connections.

When wiring it in series - start with one lead coming out (lets say its a 'start').

then the end of that coil hooks to the end of the next coil, the start of that coil hooks to the start of the next etc...

(start out) end to end, start to start, end to end etc..  and at the last coil will have an end coming out.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 04:25:51 PM by (unknown) »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.